• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Indispensable accessories

Piing

Fractal Fanatic
Uhh... I can't imagine how you would possibly scratch the neck... It can bump the frets if you don't pay attention but I have no concern about that.

Also, I have no experience with 3D printing but there's actually a fair bit of tension on the device. I'm not sure something you print will be strong enough.

In the US I can get one for $13... What's the cost for you?

This is the review saying that you can dent your fretboard if you are not careful with the Stretcha. Maybe he is a brute
https://www.guitaranswerguy.com/002/

The tensile strength, density and strength to weight of epoxy (Stretcha) and ABS (3D printer material) is not very different. I don't think that it would break.

The cheapest one I've found that ships to Thailand (from Ebay Japan) is $40.97 inc shiping. I'll start with the design during the spare time at the office. There is no rush, just for fun. In the meantime, I'll keep doing like @Joe Bfstplk but without breaking the strings :D

unix-guy

Legend!
This is the review saying that you can dent your fretboard if you are not careful with the Stretcha. Maybe he is a brute
https://www.guitaranswerguy.com/002/

The tensile strength, density and strength to weight of epoxy (Stretcha) and ABS (3D printer material) is not very different. I don't think that it would break.

The cheapest one I've found that ships to Thailand (from Ebay Japan) is $40.97 inc shiping. I'll start with the design during the spare time at the office. There is no rush, just for fun. In the meantime, I'll keep doing like @Joe Bfstplk but without breaking the strings :D
His related quotes. I added the bold ;)

Could dent your fretboard if you’re reckless with it
  • Potential to contact fretboard. While stretching guitar strings with the Stretcha, the leading tip could contact your fretboard if you’re careless. You have to be especially mindful as you get near the nut, where string pressure really pulls the Stretcha downward.

OrganicZed

Inspired
That was going to be my contribution. Great, super useful tool!

Was also going to mention the Stewart MacDonald tell tremolo spring tool... But apparently they no longer sell the one I have.

And the Ibanez EJK1000 intonation tool for Edge trems... After so many years with no such option!

Also, my VAFAM front of rack panel...
I second the recommendation of the Ibanez EJK1000. It works perfectly on my Gotoh Floyd Rose bridge on my Suhr.

Also check out the LMI digital string height gauge. It makes it easy to document and reproduce string action measurements with precision.

Top Bottom