Independent Music Shipping in Australia

Should be faster than that. Around 3-4 business days.

Yes but there also Easter in the mix this week ... Personally, I'd be happy to loose the chocolate in place of getting the AX8 a bit sooner, although I'm not so sure the kiddies would be so happy about that though ;-)

No doubt Easter blows the delivery dates out. I wouldve love the free time over the holidays to work on my patches though:D

I hear ya. It would have been great to get the thing yesterday and be able to tell the family;

I am unavailable ... for the next 4 days ... for anything. Pass food under the door - do not talk to me, do not look at me !!!

Got mine on Friday! Hooray for express Shipping. Really enjoying it, and how intuative the unit is. I'm coming from an ultra so I need to re build about 60 presets from scratch and re shape all my amp tones. It's a tonne of work...Loving the Friedman and the Bogner models.

Mine arrived today (Melbourne) - it's going to be a long day of having it sit on my desk at work before I can get it home.

Mine arrived today (Melbourne) - it's going to be a long day of having it sit on my desk at work before I can get it home.

Mine arrived today too (Melbourne). At least you only had to sit at work all day. This morning I flew to Canberra for the week for work ... Doh doh doh doh doh! :mad:

Well it looks like Melbournes been covered as I received mine just as I was about to head off to a gig. (who has a wedding on a Tuesday night!)
I was so tempted to bring it along and gig with it but wisely thought otherwise. I've taken the day off and will spend the time setting this beast up.

Well it looks like Melbournes been covered as I received mine just as I was about to head off to a gig. (who has a wedding on a Tuesday night!)
I was so tempted to bring it along and gig with it but wisely thought otherwise. I've taken the day off and will spend the time setting this beast up.

I had the same plan, and then one day turned into a week!

I signed up to the main Fractal Audio waiting list, and not the Indpendant Music one! bugger.
If any of you decide the Ax8 is not for you, I am ready and willing to take it off your hands!!!!!

I signed up to the main Fractal Audio waiting list, and not the Independent Music one! bugger.
If any of you decide the Ax8 is not for you, I am ready and willing to take it off your hands!!!!!

Dang! Get on that list and hang in there bro as it is worth the wait. Finally got home from interstate last night and after a catch up with the family - opened it and plugged it into my MOTU Ultra lite with SPDIF and played it through my Yamaha H7's. Took a little bit to get the hang of going through presets and patches etc but it was loads of fun. Some great sounds are in there. Today I plugged it into a Mesa 20/20 and a Marshall 1936 cab and tried creating some low gain patches using just the AMP without Cab sim. I can see that I will lose some hours with this new toy. I might give it a run at rehearsal this week using the 20/20 and 1936 cab.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I have the unit. All great so far. Only issue for me is the inability to add some room sound to the cab blocks. I am already out of CPU without using any reverb.

I have the unit. All great so far. Only issue for me is the inability to add some room sound to the cab blocks. I am already out of CPU without using any reverb.

And now for the tweaking ... you definitely have to work if you have complex signal chains setup. There are some good threads in this group about managing CPU resources. Look them up and you might get some useful tips. Good luck and enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom