independent footswitchable paths in AX8

Hi guys,
I just purchased an AX8 and I’m diving in all its amazing features.

Regarding the grid layout, is it somehow possible to create 2 ore more independent and footswitchable signal paths, where one chain is completely bypassed while the other’s on?

Thanks a lot,
Paul

sure. but when you say "independent signal paths" do you mean completely different inputs as well? or would the 2 paths share the same guitar input?

There is only one amp block, unlike the II and III, which can have 2 amp blocks, as well as 2 cab blocks etc. This somewhat limits setups where your doing things like running two totally different amps/cabs at the same time in the AX8, but you can still do some cool things, like split the chain off after the amp block and send one to something like a rotary block, which then goes out the FX loop output, and the main signal running to a normal cab block, reverb etc. I then have a different monitor speaker (SpaceStation psuedo-stereo) which gives a really nice 'leslie" sound when I kick on that output with a volume pedal.

Long answer short, yes you can, but due to the number of blocks, and limitations on CPU, your rather limited compared to the II or the nearly unlimited III, which would be much better tools for running two totally different signal paths at once, even 2 guitars into one unit

Thanks guys,
I'll work on the grid layout more in order to understand it better.
Btw this unit is unbelievably good...even the onboard interface - the thing that I was most scared about before purchasing the AX8 because of the reviews I found online - is not as "impossible" to use as it's usually described.
Sure it needs some work and the cpu resources are not unlimited, but in the first 30 minutes of using it I got much better and pleasant tones than most of things I used.

Thanks guys,
I'll work on the grid layout more in order to understand it better.
Btw this unit is unbelievably good...even the onboard interface - the thing that I was most scared about before purchasing the AX8 because of the reviews I found online - is not as "impossible" to use as it's usually described.
Sure it needs some work and the cpu resources are not unlimited, but in the first 30 minutes of using it I got much better and pleasant tones than most of things I used.
Thinking back to my days with a Boss GT-8 and the way using a display with oh so limited characters, the onboard UI was a relief. But remembering the shortcuts to change from X/Y or reset the screen is always a little bit...advanced :D

Back
Top Bottom