INDEPENDENT BYPASS SETTING FOR WAH BLOCK, aside from HEAL DOWN position on Expression Pedal.

FlavAnderson

Inspired
It would be useful if we could have a Bypass Switch for the Wah Block independent of the Expression Pedal assigned to it being on HEAL DOWN (OFF) position. Why??? Because this would allow for the same Expression Pedal to handle two separate Blocks assigned function in each, separately per scene. IE: SCENE 1: WAH BLOCK WITH EXPRESSION PEDAL , SCENE 2: PITCH WHAMMY BLOCK WITH SAME EXPRESSION PEDAL. Right now, I set this up and I cannot set the WAH to not come ON when I engage the Expression Pedal while in Scene 2 and just want to use the Expression Pedal for the PITCH WHAMMY BLOCK, but I CAN do it reversed, meaning I can use SCENE 1 WAH BLOCK by itself without the Expression Pedal engaging the PITCH WHAMMY BLOCK, because I can BYPASS the PITCH BLOCK in SCENE 1.

Does this make sense?

Use Channels...

Let's say you have both Wah and Pitch assigned to auto-engage on Channel A. If you want your wah to come on in Scene 1 use Wah on Channel A but Pitch on Channel B, If you want your Pitch to come on in on Scene 2, do the opposite, Wah on Channel B and Pitch on Channel A. It's important that you don't assign any modifier to the Channel B version of the block to avoid them getting activated by the expression pedal.

Run the two blocks in parallel and put a MUX block after them and have your switch (or scenes) to pick between one or the other. You can actually do more than two blocks in parallel, all controlled from the same expression pedal with this approach.

Money where my mouth is! Here's a preset that switches between six effects all controlled by External 1:
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 8.06.53 PM.png

Each channel on the MUX block selects a different row feeding into the block. Channel A = Row 1, Channel B = Row 2 and so on.

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 8.06.59 PM.png

Each scene switches to the effect that's being controlled:

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 8.07.12 PM.png

Though you could also use a switch (or switches) to change the channel on the MUX block.

Preset is attached but was made with the 17.00 beta so you'll need to be running that to load it.

Attachments

• [iaresee] 6-Way Expression.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom