Wish Independence for the AES/SPDIF IN/OUTs

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
All physical analog IN/OUTs have dedicated IN/OUT Blocks. Why not the AES/SPDIF digital ones also? They should be handled equally as the analog ones.

It seems, we have 16 digital lanes (8in / 8outs). Any chances to increase those lanes to 20 (10in/ 10out) and have two more Blocks: [IN D]igital and [OUT D]igital?

-> using the digital in/outs for (independent / additional) digital fx loop
-> same behaviour as [IN USB] for AES/SPDIF [IN D]: Easier digital reamping, when the Axe is part of a bigger studio setup with dedicated Audio Interface (UAD; RME, etc.)
-> analog and digital routings would be set on preset basis, not general...
-> no headaches about those global Audio I/O selections copy, echo, IN1 signal feed selections...

Resulting also in a USB driver, supporting the two DIGI IN & OUT lanes additional and separate.

In short: Handle analog and digital in/outs the same, as every Audio interface did, i know of...

Unbenannt.PNG

Last edited:
I agree. Am I correct in my understanding (I've only had it for a few days) that S/PDIF in can only be assigned to INPUT 1?

Even if not exposed as separate, S/PDIF in oughta be able to be assignable to any input, I think.

I agree. Am I correct in my understanding (I've only had it for a few days) that S/PDIF in can only be assigned to INPUT 1?

Even if not exposed as separate, S/PDIF in oughta be able to be assignable to any input, I think.
yes and yes

This has my vote.

I don't use the analog IO (except for fx loops occasionally).

I don't use USB audio b/c aggregation doesn't work well... Try aggregating 4 Axes over USB. It works... but often doesn't for more than 30 minutes at a time. It also forces you to route via a computer only which is not what you want in a large system (Dante, AVB, or proprietary).

I do use AES or S/PDIF exclusively for the quality, minimal cables. Having them act independently would be great on the III (would have preferred 8 channels of Dante/AVB/ADAT instead but... I can make due with 4 'legacy' standards :).

If feasible - It would be useful and nice to have. [This is my first, and at my age last, AXE unit and so far I'm really enjoying it (now to unload a couple $K worth of stomp'ers) ]

This has been requested before by myself and others as far back as the 2. I hope to see this one day, it would add a lot of additional flexibility to the Axe and save us all some conversions..:)

I think Cliff replied to one of these requests saying he thought it was possible, but he would have to think about it more. I think there might be an issue with clocking, as in the Axe would have to have the master clock. You could do a search, for more info...

Back
Top Bottom