Incubus tones

ADIDASects

Just got me an Axe FX. I wondered if anyone had patches or at least some experience/insight into getting Einziger tones. Specifically, the high gain sound of the earlier albums. Thanks in advance.

While you may not get many replies in the Ultra forums anymore, don't forget that you can ask the same questions in the AXE-II forums and get advice that is still relevant to your Ultra since the steps to finding certain tones are applicable to either machine.

Well check this song of mine: http://youtu.be/7dc18dr9F2M

I tried to go for that Incubus tone. TBH it's more about how you play than amp settings. I used a plexi 1987x with full gain and master volume. The IR... hmm... can't remember. Most likely a Marshall V30 and T75 mixed together.

Well check this song of mine: http://youtu.be/7dc18dr9F2M

I tried to go for that Incubus tone. TBH it's more about how you play than amp settings. I used a plexi 1987x with full gain and master volume. The IR... hmm... can't remember. Most likely a Marshall V30 and T75 mixed together.

Man, that sounds like it could be on ACLOTM or Light Grenades guitarwise.

For the OP, during the old days (and I believe now again) Mikey was using a Mesa Tremoverb. Certainly start with the recto models for the older hard stuff. I believe he's pretty much always been a neck pickup user as well. He certainly was during the Plexi/AC30 era.

Yea a PRS neck pickup is a huge start. I was a long time rectoverb user and even was in an Incubus Tribute in College. As soon as I graduated and could afford it, I bought my PRS. Holy cow did I need that guitar to get his early sound. There are definitely some good articles and pedalboard shots of his back in the day too.

Well check this song of mine:

So i assume you don't have the preset anymore haha

Back
Top Bottom