Bug? increase in overall loudness calculations

simonp54

Experienced
With Q2.00beta2 I have noticed an increase of .8dB in my standard calculation preset. Was this expected?
previous Q1.06 = -17LUFS, Q2.00beta2 = -16.2LUFS

I use LUFS calculation to balance between presets.

also noticed -56.6dBFS on my DAW metering even tho no tone present at the input. (using SPDIF) i am pretty sure that wasn't there previously. Not necessarily a "problem" but you might want to check it is what you would expect?

changes in level are to be expected. no idea about the -56dbfs, but that's below audible level, isn't it?

yeah... just I think it wasn't that high before... noise level increase? even on a preset where its pretty silent... it is reading -66dBFS rather than "inf"... just info maybe useful to cliff?

Just started to check out Q2.00beta3 with my reference re-amp tracking... noticed the LUFS of my first recording has returned to where it was for Q1.06 (approx) with a loss between Q2.00beta2 and Q2.00beta3 of about 0.7dB... does this mean that Cliff re-worked the levels in the bugs?
I'm interested for my sanity more than anything... Thx

Just started to check out Q2.00beta3 with my reference re-amp tracking... noticed the LUFS of my first recording has returned to where it was for Q1.06 (approx) with a loss between Q2.00beta2 and Q2.00beta3 of about 0.7dB... does this mean that Cliff re-worked the levels in the bugs?
I'm interested for my sanity more than anything... Thx

I didn't change anything.

I didn't change anything.
"anything"... = anything directly to do with levels
or
"anything"... = anything
or
"anything"... = that should affect levels

what i mean is there were changes between beta 2 and 3 - I think you said elsewhere, just bug fixes... therefore something must have affected levels?
Thx

Back
Top Bottom