Increase in noise when using stompbox in FX Loop

BobGreedy

Hey guys!

I'm using my Earthquaker Space Spiral in the FX Loop of my AX8 but I'm finding it's really noisey. I've tried using different pedals and different cables with no change in noise levels. Does anyone have any advice on how to reduce the noise levels when using external pedals?

I've attached a pic of the rig I'm using.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 7.32.49 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 7.32.49 pm.png
    264.6 KB · Views: 23
Hi bob,
Have you tried just plugging a cable between the fx loop? If there's a difference there, it's a problem.
Thanks
Pauly

I've found that using the FX Loop prior to the Amp block results in a lot of hiss being amplified by the Amp block. You can hear it if you just jump the loop by plugging a cable from Out 2 to In 2 - with no external pedals. Setting the levels of Out 2, pads, etc. don't affect the hiss. Using the FX Loop after the amp block is much quieter I suppose as you don't have the amp block raising the signal so much. Using the loop after the Amp block, you don't notice any hiss being added to the signal.

Hey guys!

I'm using my Earthquaker Space Spiral in the FX Loop of my AX8 but I'm finding it's really noisey. I've tried using different pedals and different cables with no change in noise levels. Does anyone have any advice on how to reduce the noise levels when using external pedals?

I've attached a pic of the rig I'm using.

Cheers!
Fx loop after amp should work way better

If you haven't already: In the I/O menu: Check the I/O levels for IN 2 (FX RTN) There are two options: +4 dBu and -10 dBv. Try the other one. Also make sure the Mode option setting (stereo etc) is optimal.

If you haven't already: In the I/O menu: Check the I/O levels for IN 2 (FX RTN) There are two options: +4 dBu and -10 dBv. Try the other one. Also make sure the Mode option setting (stereo etc) is optimal.

I ran through those options, thanks. In this usage (FX Loop before the amp), it doesn't eliminate the hiss. The levels adjust a bit but the hiss is still generated.

Back
Top Bottom