Incorporating a real Talk Box

brianv4

Fractal Fanatic
I'm using an AxeFx III into a CLR. Taking the Link Output on the CLR to FOH.

So here's what I'm thinking...
Take a virtual line directly from the amp block to output 3 or 4 on the Axe into an Electro Harmonix 22 Caliber (or similar) into a Heil Talk Box. Run the tube to a dedicated mic, probably an SM57 and plug the mic into Ch 2 of the CLR.

I think this should allow me to use a real talk box, monitor it thru the CLR on stage and still send that signal to FOH.

Should work as expected yes? Any tweaks, variations or other ideas?

I wouldn't do this

I also think the EHX22 is not enough power for the Heil

I'd get a powered talk box- like the new MXR or the Rocktron

I'd also suspect using the same speakers for the axe/talk box might cause issues with the mic- i'd rather you just have a mic out to PA

The bad part is the monitoring it on stage part with your speaker

Thanks, you're probably right about not being enough power for the Heil and I see the EH isn't available anymore. A talk box with a built in amplifier would be simpler I'm just trying to figure out a way to use a Heil.

Not sure if feedback would be an issue running the mic into the CLR, perhaps. The amp out to the talk box/mic would be the only signal chain active in the "talk box" scene. Switching back to the "rhythm" scene would shut down the talk box signal.

I think this would work but can't return the talk box if I don't like it though. Anyone using a talk box and how are you incorporating it?

I think a 100w amp is the only thing that suffices with a HEIL
I've seen people try using like a crate power block but they didn't work half the time- huge failure rate- i had 3 die within a month

It's kind of overkill to power a tiny tube and speaker with 100w- I'd get a Rocktron or MXR

Back
Top Bottom