Incoming NGD! .strandberg* Boden OS 7

Thanks for sharing! How does the Enduraneck shape suit you? What kinds of other necks have you liked in the past? I'm about sold on the Boden but I'm concerned about the neck shape since I've read that it's not well suited for folks who wrap their thumb around the neck.

Thanks for sharing! How does the Enduraneck shape suit you? What kinds of other necks have you liked in the past? I'm about sold on the Boden but I'm concerned about the neck shape since I've read that it's not well suited for folks who wrap their thumb around the neck.
I have no experience with really fat and wide necks. I've played mostly c-shaped Gibsons, Fenders, Kramers, some v profiles, everything from vintage to compound radii.

The enduraneck actually "reminds" you to play with your thumb behind the neck by just following the flat contour with your thumb. Old habits are hard to kick and I've found myself over thumbing and although it feels natural to play like that once you correct yourself and grip the flat part behind the neck with your thumb, you actually find that it's more comfortable and provides better reach for wide fretboards such as those found on 7 and 8-string guitars.

The Endurneck is not a big deal as I thought it would be before trying it. I was able to try one a year ago and it was like JayCM800XL said, fun to play :) After some minutes I got used to it and adapted my thumb technique to it(I also tend to wrap my thumb over thin necks sometimes). I liked the feel of this guitar, cause it is unique and different and a lot of the features just make sense. You should definitely try one if you can.
@JayCM800XL: Happy new guitar day! I am super jealous! :lol

Last edited:
Like has been said, the Endurneck profile is easy to get used to. I find it strange playing my other guitars now, not that they are getting a look in now I have the Strandberg!! I still play some thumb over stuff and I am trying to use the Endurneck as a way of improving my 'sloppy' technique. As already mentioned, with the thumb in the right place you get some better finger spread for those Holdsworth type legato runs (not that I can do any of that stuff ........... yet!).

The reason I asked was because I use my thumb a good bit to fret notes on the low E string and to get leverage for bends/vibrato.

Exactly what I was thinking about the neck. That's really the only problem I could see with it: thumb over jazz chords and leverage for bends.

In January, I'm planning on covering NAMM again for TGP. I'll probably just get some hands-on time with one at their booth when I'm there.

concerning the pickups on these. i did some reading around the web and a very popular mod seems to be to replace the 707's with the EMG 57/66 set. they drop right in, of course and seem to be more dynamic, from what i hear.

I spoke to a friend working at the Washburn Custom Shop who worked on the guitars when they made them. He said the consensus there was that the EMGs sounded best. Which surprised me because he's a blues-type guy. But he said they cleaned up nicely and provided some really nice tones with the guitar.

I'm still waiting for clips!

Back
Top Bottom