Incoming... Matrix Q12 Passive

Shenks

Experienced
Last night I order one of the above and I'll have to admit I am quite excited that I will finally have a proper FRFR cab to play through.
Until recently I had considered going down the route of getting the Camper Plus Kit but then I figured if I am going to make a purchase then I only want to make a purchase once. (Although that doesn't mean to say I won't want another Q12 to run in stereo at some point).

In the band I don't have to rely solely on backline 'oomph' as everything goes through the desk and the Q12 seemed the right solution for me.

Just got to wait for the shipping confirmation now (note to self - try not to bite fingernails and pace backwards and forwards repeatedly). How long do Matrix normally take to despatch after order confirmation I wonder?

Received despatch confirmation with UPS tracking number so it's on the way... just a shame I have to work tomorrow.

It arrived, I arrived back from work, and now it's time to play... if I can tear myself away I will write a review in due course.

...some days later I emerge from my music room to do something other than sleep or take comfort breaks.

Well, the short summary is that I love my new Q12...

The (slightly) longer summary is that the quality of tone is far exceeds the variety of pa cabs I had been using before. Added to that, the dispersion is perfect for my needs on stage. Added to the added (if that makes sense) the clarity and projection is the icing on the cake.

I finally have a good understanding of what using frfr is all about, so all that remains is to keep playing.

Will/would I get another one? That's an emphatic 'yes' with no hesitation at all.

Back
Top Bottom