Incoming! Incoming! Incoming!

I/O: Instr In: 80%... I saw you have a Gibson... with my Les Paul (and both PRS) I'm at max. 42% to tickle the red LED's!!!

Yeah, I can also set it between 40-50% ... doesn't really make a big difference with 80% when it comes to "tickling the red".

Busy updating my presets for 4.01. Uploading the file tomorrow.

Adjusted master volume, tone and gain of all amps.
Changed Delay X/Y to Tape Echo.
Moved flanger before Amp and Drive blocks.
Applied Lowcut to Cabs, and to PEQs before FXL block.
Changed IRs.
Added a number of amp presets.

Changed IRs.

Looking forward to it :)

Changed IRs.

Could you explain why you are doing these thing? I see somethings that changed in FW4 but other things IWould not know why, f.ex the flanger and the lowcut?

Jens

Could you explain why you are doing these thing? I see somethings that changed in FW4 but other things IWould not know why, f.ex the flanger and the lowcut?

Jens

Sure Jens!

I changed Mv, tone and gain because of fw 4 indeed. Mv now is 5 or higher everywhere, gain is lower.

Tape Echo also, it's addicting. Added a controller to control feedback.

I've been using flanger as a post-amp fx for quite a while now. I like it old school: jet-like 'whoosh'.
But post-amp is a bit overbearing, more of a production fx than a guitar fx. Placing it pre-amp makes the fx fall more 'in' the guitar tone than on top of it.

Lowcut: see Jon's tips in this thread: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/45295-what-do-you-do-your-bass-frequencies.html. I used to apply lowcut all the time on my Ultra. Worked great. Since getting the II I haven't. The thread reminded me how well it worked. For some things it's really necessary too, for ex the Recto Orange Modern has an enormous amount of sub bass.

IRs: just finetuning the direct signal.

Added amps: many amps sound so good. I couldn't resist adding a number of presets with them.

Thanks!

Since I don't have an Axe II, the motivation to change something is food for thought, the patches themselves I can't do anything with.
Also adding why you change stuff might get you feedback and new info, but you probably already knew that.

Jens

Reactions: yek
Thanks very much yet again Yek.

Could I ask you what's almost certainly a stupid question: how to set up so your patches operate properly with my MFC?

I'm using two expression pedals and an external latching switch. In my own patches, I use the external switch to X/Y the amps. I don't like having a pedal volume control, so have set up expression pedal 1 to do wah into the second input on the MFC and expression pedal 2 to the 3rd MFC input to do rotary. MFC with labels.jpg

But I'm a bit confused about how to set up my system so all the controls in your patches work as they should. (I'm very impressed with how you set them up to be so controllable.) I don't for example have an on-off switch on my expression pedals - a Ball VP Jnr and a smaller obviously different Roland EV5 (so I don't get confused)....

Plus I still can't work out how to copy all your patches across via Axe Edit into my FXII - apart from dragging and dropping them individually. I use a Mac, and Axe Edit doesn't seem to allow all the variations of drag-n-drop that the handbook indicates are in the Windows version.

But serious thanks for your patches. Apart from having two EVM's, I've got the exact same set up as you (I wonder why?), and it really delivers. SO I'm really keen to start my personal tweaking with a fully-operating Yek set-up - especially controller-wise. Hope you don't patent it!!

Last edited:

Plus I still can't work out how to copy all your patches across via Axe Edit into my FXII - apart from dragging and dropping them individually. I use a Mac, and Axe Edit doesn't seem to allow all the variations of drag-n-drop that the handbook indicates are in the Windows version.

Maybe I don't understand what you mean here, but I haven't found any problems dragging a bunch of presets into Axe-Edit and putting them anywhere you'd like in a bank. Axe-Manage handles a variety of options quite nicely--and these days, it only crashes occasionally. :lol

Danny W.

Hi Danny - the options of replacing, moving everything up one etc don't seem to work on a Mac - at least for me. But I hope I'm wrong...

SO you just highlight all the patches you want, drag them across and they replace the existing?

Hi Danny - the options of replacing, moving everything up one etc don't seem to work on a Mac - at least for me. But I hope I'm wrong...

SO you just highlight all the patches you want, drag them across and they replace the existing?
Or you can slide them between and have the old ones move--replacing, moving one up or down or displacing a group of them all works just as it should on either of my Macs.

Danny W.

Could I ask you what's almost certainly a stupid question: how to set up so your patches operate properly with my MFC?

I'm using two expression pedals and an external latching switch. In my own patches, I use the external switch to X/Y the amps. I don't like having a pedal volume control, so have set up expression pedal 1 to do wah into the second input on the MFC and expression pedal 2 to the 3rd MFC input to do rotary. View attachment 8341

But I'm a bit confused about how to set up my system so all the controls in your patches work as they should. (I'm very impressed with how you set them up to be so controllable.) I don't for example have an on-off switch on my expression pedals - a Ball VP Jnr and a smaller obviously different Roland EV5 (so I don't get confused)....

But serious thanks for your patches. Apart from having two EVM's, I've got the exact same set up as you (I wonder why?), and it really delivers. SO I'm really keen to start my personal tweaking with a fully-operating Yek set-up - especially controller-wise. Hope you don't patent it!!

Hey Hugo,

I'm running my MFC in Axe-Fx mode. Bank Size set to 10. So I have 10 presets at my direct disposal, and 5+2 IAs (Drive, Boost, Delay etc.) . Pressing Reveal gives me access to other IAs I occasionally use (modulation, etc.).

I have 3 dedicated X/Y switches: one for Amp, one for Delay, one for Phaser. I like the LEDs to be green at the beginning, so I use "Y" as the default state for these effects.

Pedal #1 is connected to XP1 on the MFC1 and is External 1.
This pedal has a switch (XS1 on the MFC which directly switches CC97 = Wah effect).
When "Off" (default) it controls the speed of rotary and tremolo, of course only audible when one of those effects is "On".
When "On" it switches on the Wah and controls the sweep. (it still controls the speed of rotary and tremolo but I never use them with Wah at the same time).

To adapt things to your rig:
- You're using the 2nd pedal input, which is External 1 by default. In the Wah block activate Auto-engage. That should work.
- To make your other pedal control Rotary, go to the Rotary block and connect it to the External you're using with your 2nd pedal. Same with Pan/Trem.
- To make your amps and cabs switch between X and Y simultaneously, goto Edit > MIDI > XS1 on the MFC, and set it to CC 100. Then on the Axe (I/O) set the CC for Cab X/Y also to 100.

To copy presets to your Axe, open Axe-Edit, open Axe-Manage, make it fullscreen (+), click View > New View > Bank A.
Click with right button on a spot in the right pane, select Get from Axe-Fx > This Bank. This syncs Axe-Edit with your Axe-Fx.
In the left pane, click on Computer and navigate to the folder containing the downloaded presets. Select the presets (use Shift to expand the selection) and drag the selection to the right pane. Be careful not to overwrite existing presets!

This is great Yek - many thanks. My current set-up does achieve control of the wah and rotary, and the x/y switch switches just the amps at present. I'll add Pan/Trem to Exp Pedal 2. So your switchable exp pedal has the function in your patches of replacing my second pedal?

The control aspect I'm now missing is your very useful x/y on phaser and delay. I take it that you dedicated IA switches on the MFC for this? Or is there a way of stomping through the options using the effect's IA switch (off, one stomp for on into x, then other stomp for y..? and a 3rd for back to off...?

I need to change x and y around a bit so that it switches to the lower gain version by default (there's a slight stab of the high gain on changing patches, before it changes to the default version), and so that the high gain "lead" version red lights my system (the Boss FS5's led is battery powered, so it's logical just to have it activated just when doing leads).

The control aspect I'm now missing is your very useful x/y on phaser and delay. I take it that you dedicated IA switches on the MFC for this? Or is there a way of stomping through the options using the effect's IA switch (off, one stomp for on into x, then other stomp for y..? and a 3rd for back to off...?

Yep, dedicated X/Y switches. Currently no other way on the MFC to accomplish this.

Hey Yek, just had a flick through your latest patches and they sound great! Some really good food for thought. I especially love the combination of the boogafunk with a cab that matches the amp in question, works a treat! I'll have another play tomorrow. Massive thanks for sharing.

Spence

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Reactions: yek
Bump for my bro, Yek.

I checked out your 4.0 patches. They sound great and
I am in awe of your organizational abilities. Amazing that
you are up to 78 patches!

I'm at 83 now. Maybe more a reason to seek therapy than a point of pride!
Between your presets, mine, and Raca's, I hardly play any stock Presets
anymore.

Last edited:
Bump for my bro, Yek.

I checked out your 4.0 patches. They sound great and
I am in awe of your organizational abilities. Amazing that
you are up to 78 patches!

I'm at 83 now. Maybe more a reason to seek therapy than a point of pride!
Between your presets, mine, and Raca's, I hardly play any stock Presets
anymore.

Thanks! I'm running a couple of weeks behind on your creations. Can't wait to get back on track, I saw some very promising stuff of yours.

Back
Top Bottom