Incoming! Incoming! Incoming!

Global Blocks are the bomb. Copying and linking effect settings off a master, works like a charm.

One aspect doesn't work for me though: linked blocks share On/Off state.
That may come in handy in some cases (for ex. for globally bypassing the Stereo Enh.) but in other cases it's not.

Example:
I have a Phaser block with favorite settings (Global block #1). I use it in all my primary amp presets, in bypassed state.
I also want to use it in a couple of special fx presets, where it needs to be engaged. This doesn't work because engaging would engage the state phaser block in the primary amp presets too.

My solution so far is to copy identical settings to a Global block #2, where it's engaged. That's okay, I just have to remember to edit two globals when adjusting effect settings.

Ideally there would be the option "Link bypass too: yes/no" when linking a block.

With the MFC you can send a sysex command per patch, that the effects switch off or on by loading the patch. I'm doing this with my Gordius often.

Finished setting up the amp presets.
A couple of details I noticed along the way.

Bright: some of the amps which in real have a Bright switch, default to Bright off. With most of the amps I don't feel the need to change the default setting, except maybe on the Bogners.

AFAIK the modeled Vox amps didn't have a master volume control. Still, just like on the Ultra I like the Master on 7 or 8 better than on 10. [Edit: master on 10 works, as long as you keep Drive very low, like 1-2).

The SLO is so bright, unless you use the SLO V12 cab. Cameron Med is also very bright.

Brown: I like it better with Saturation off (at this moment, tomorrow, who knows).

Last edited:
In the process of rebuilding my "special effects" presets.
Discovering new goodies, such as the "Stereo Jet" flanger type, and the "Sweep" delay type.

To get the real "through zero" flanging, select that flanger type AND set Phase Reverse to "Both".

With stuff like X/Y and Global Block linking I need to be much more precise when editing effect blocks. It's very easy to mess things up.
I discovered that you can't copy an effect from another preset (Recall Effect) if that effect is linked to a global block.

Last edited:
Scott's suggested settings for room ambience (Cab block: 40% room level, size 2.00, mic distance 70%) work well.

I'd prefer to switch it off for live use, because I like the signal to FOH to be as dry as possible. Would be handy if there was a global switch to turn room ambience on/off (Level can't be attached to a modifier).

Last edited:
Scott's suggested settings for room ambience (Cab block: 40% room level, size 2.00, mic distance 70%) work well.

I'd prefer to switch it off for live use, because I like the signal to FOH to be as dry as possible. Would be handy if there was a global switch to turn room ambience3 on/off (Level can't be attached to a modifier).

No, but you can x/y the cab.

That's Cello-Long.syx.

I just had a quick look and Axe-Edit doesn't maintain the right order of cabs.
It's off by one, from a certain position.
Cause: happens when AFXII / MFC / Axe-Edit are set to start numberings presets from 1 instead of 0. Syncing the cabs doesn't go well in that case.

Last edited:
Cab slot numbering starts at 001, file names start at 000. Easy fix if you rename and drag some files around.

Last edited:
I've reset the AFXII and MFC to start numbering at 0. Now the cabs match the amps.
I updated the ZIP-file along with other changes.
Submitted a few bug reports.

Last edited:
Played my II yesterday and today with two different bands.
Combined with the power amp and EVMs it moved the earth.
Crisp cleans, shattering hi-gain, sustained leads, I'm verrrrry happy.

We compared it to a Mesa Road King with 4x12 and it held up fine.

I threw away a couple of amp presets and focussed on the others.
Also finetuned some fx and changed the MFC layout. Out there things always turn out differently than at home. ;)

I can play the EVM cabs with and without cab sims.

Last edited:

I'd prefer to switch it off for live use, because I like the signal to FOH to be as dry as possible. Would be handy if there was a global switch to turn room ambience on/off (Level can't be attached to a modifier).

The manual states that summing to mono "sum L+R) that short delays, like in the cab verb, can create artifacts. I believe you said you are running stereo and mono from the same patch using this approach. Have you noticed any issues?

From the manual:
Summed Mono: By choosing “SUM L+R” mode for either OUTPUT 1 or OUTPUT 2, the two
channels are added together and the resulting signal produced at both LEFT and RIGHT jacks. This
has the advantage of including all sounds intended for both stereo channels, but short delay or
phase differences between channels can result in strange artifacts or even total cancellation. This
setting is best when you’re confident that the presets you’ll be playing have been designed for,
or tested, in a SUMMED MONO listening environment. The Enhancer block and other short
delays could be problematic (including very short reverbs or the room simulator in the CAB
block). PHASE REVERSE switches should also be set to “OFF” when using this setting.

Last edited:
Using Copy L>R. No artifacts/Phase cancellation.
[EDIT: now using Sum L+R, no phasing issues]

Last edited:

Do you have a link to this post? I can't find it & would be interested to read :geek

Took out the power distributor because of the boot issue.
Ended up with a rack that's more simple.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom