In the Spirit of NAMM Anouncements (FAS reactive load box)

The Torpedo stuff is an inaccurate load. A real speaker resembles a 4th-order network, at a minimum. The Torpedo products use a 2nd-order approximation to reduce component costs as this eliminates the large, expensive inductor that models the speaker mass. Our load is 4th-order. Furthermore our load is dynamic, the inductance varies with applied voltage like a real speaker. If you can't wait the Suhr reactive load may be a better choice.

LB-2%20Sample%2020170116%20Pic1.JPG

Underneath the man, you find his........ nucleus.

Soooooo??
Any time frame yet? Or price-ish points?

Or more info in general... and in the first post Cliff called these loadboxes LB-1 and LB-1P.
On the picture there is a LB-2.....

Was LB-1P changed to LB-2? (it looks like a passive one)

Well, I haven't bought anything yet, ust hoping I can wait. But if I cannot wait I will undoubtedly go with Cliffs recommendation.
Been here for 8 years for a reason.

Anyway, I am unclear how you use these things. I mean is it just a matter of loading an IR into a track on your daw? I have multiple VST's that load irs already. Is that it?
Thanks

Well, I haven't bought anything yet, ust hoping I can wait. But if I cannot wait I will undoubtedly go with Cliffs recommendation.
Been here for 8 years for a reason.

Anyway, I am unclear how you use these things. I mean is it just a matter of loading an IR into a track on your daw? I have multiple VST's that load irs already. Is that it?
Thanks
Yep. Guitar - amp - load box - DAW does the trick.

The Torpedo stuff is an inaccurate load. A real speaker resembles a 4th-order network, at a minimum. The Torpedo products use a 2nd-order approximation to reduce component costs as this eliminates the large, expensive inductor that models the speaker mass. Our load is 4th-order. Furthermore our load is dynamic, the inductance varies with applied voltage like a real speaker. If you can't wait the Suhr reactive load may be a better choice.

Mr. Cliff, what about Two Notes Studio? Is that using the same architecture for the load?

can we get some news on this?
is it even a real thing yet or just a prototype that might or might not be released?

Cliff has yet to announce anything that didn't come to market.

yeah, but nowadays, especially in this industry things often get announced too hasty and then there is like no info on it for years :D

yeah, but nowadays, especially in this industry things often get announced too hasty and then there is like no info on it for years :D
That hasn't happened yet here. It may take a few months to make it production-ready, but stuff gets done.

hopefully, really stoked to see what this is all about, maybe then i can finally record a tube head in great quaility without
being kicked out of my apartment :D

Waiting to try the active version out is the only reason I still have tube amps.

I look forward to when the status changes to "soon".

I also can't wait for information about this product. I'm seriously in the market for this and i'm about this close to getting a torpedo live

i am prety sure that we all can forget about this thing!
when asking for info, even a short reply with "no news yet sorry" is some sort of info,
however getting now even this little bit is a common practice when somebody want's people to forget about something.

would you mind to give some more information about the unit(s)?

i did not mean to be nasty, of course i did play dirty to gather some information.

i know i sound like a douche again but actually i am a pretty nice dude,
if i were in your situation i'd give all the info i can, even without being asked about it.

i've been waiting for such a product for a very long time, so i am pretty excited
and of course very curious and eager like a child at christmas :)

latest

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom