In Praise of Dirty Shirley

Glad to hear this, I never gave it a second shot lol, this is what the forums are good for, thanks Ladies

:rolleyes:

The DS is my main "rock tone" which is really a tone that can do straight up rock rhythm, but also roll off volume knob to clean up and even just adjust picking attack. I'm using Scenes and channels quite a bit to flip amps for clean, rock, lead but honestly I may build some patches of just a singular amp / cab and go old school with volume knob and drive pedal techniques as well.

I just switched over to the DS for my cleans, crunch and lead. Having the same amp for all three really helps keep my tone and levels be the same with all stages of gain. Love it! It can easily pull of Blackface cleans as well as Marshall-type crunch and lead.

I just switched over to the DS for my cleans, crunch and lead. Having the same amp for all three really helps keep my tone and levels be the same with all stages of gain. Love it! It can easily pull of Blackface cleans as well as Marshall-type crunch and lead.
Are you getting those different tones with different amp channels (same amp), scene controllers, pedals, or just with your volume knob?

I've been interested in creating a "one amp" rig myself, so would love to see how you are doing this. And feel free to share presets! ;)

A necro bump, but I was I was going to make my own thread if not for this. I love the dirty shirley, and its what keeps me coming back to my FM3 over plugins/other modelers/etc. I use a revv tilt or another boost/od into my FM3, dirty shirley patch, and for the cab I use the vintage marshall with the mix of greenbacks/v30 since its close to what a friedman cab would be. Its so dynamic, in a way that's especially impressive for digital gear, I can roll my volume off to a clean tone even with my OD engaged, but then roll it up for a fat honky gain thats really pleasant to me.

I've always lusted after Friedmans, but mostly ignored the lower gain offerings, but because of owning an FM3 I think my first real Friedman will be of the shirley lineage. Just a thanks to fractal folks for this especially beautiful model.

A necro bump, but I was I was going to make my own thread if not for this. I love the dirty shirley, and its what keeps me coming back to my FM3 over plugins/other modelers/etc. I use a revv tilt or another boost/od into my FM3, dirty shirley patch, and for the cab I use the vintage marshall with the mix of greenbacks/v30 since its close to what a friedman cab would be. Its so dynamic, in a way that's especially impressive for digital gear, I can roll my volume off to a clean tone even with my OD engaged, but then roll it up for a fat honky gain thats really pleasant to me.

I've always lusted after Friedmans, but mostly ignored the lower gain offerings, but because of owning an FM3 I think my first real Friedman will be of the shirley lineage. Just a thanks to fractal folks for this especially beautiful model.

The Dirty S Shirley is still my No1 amp on all my Fractals

You should try it it with York Audios Friedman 4x12 IR
I'm sure you'll thank me for the recommendation

I´m also using the Dirty Shirley (and the other friedman amps) with York´s friedman 4X12 they are amazing IR´s.
There are rooms IR as well and if you blend them in with a regular mixed one they will give you a
deep and wide sound that really makes the amp come to life.
York is here at this forum.... you can also google "york audio"

I'm completely in love with the Shirley. I'm going to try the York IRs so see if I can like it even more.
This is the first amp model that has made me consider buying the actual real amp. I can do anything with it depending on the drive in front, etc.
Been using two cabs - York Audio FDMN 412 BLND Mix 1 and Fractal 4x12 BASKETWEAVE G12M20 (RW).

Klone Chiron in front of amp but starting to experiment with the Busom Boost.

Back
Top Bottom