1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Wish In/Out Custom Names

Discussion in 'Axe-Edit III' started by rnjscooter, Jan 5, 2019.

1. rnjscooter

rnjscooter
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Maybe this has been asked for already, AS I have 3 IN blocks and 3 OUT blocks in use on my Axe3. I have them all marked on the unit with a tape labeler, but when on AE I sometimes forget which IN and OUT is which. It would be great to be able to custom name the IN and OUT blocks. I think someone has also asked that we have the ability for ALL blocks to be named. That would be cool as well, or at least have the block reflect the name of its Global block name, which I believe is not implemented.
    GB.png
    This is a little thing I whipped up so I can write down what global blocks are what.......

2. Hoosierdaddy

Hoosierdaddy
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

I like this ideal.

3. Zedhed

Zedhed
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Customizing names for complicated routing options within DAW's is a great facility. I believe it would also be great to be able to do it in the AxeIII.

+1 for this idea.

4. stink

stink
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

+1 I lie this idea as well!

5. chris

chris
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

Where would the name appear?

6. rnjscooter

rnjscooter
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Like this. Would be cool to custom name literally every block, so as not having to click on it to see which Drive or Amp or Pitch etc, is being used...... SC.jpeg

dongzo, Slayerblob and stink like this.
  7. #7 chris, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    chris

chris
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

The block that says “Amps” - what number Output is that? I can’t tell from the screenshot, and that would be even more confusing down the road for me. I’d start plugging in the wrong jack because I’d still have to remember something (that “Amps” means Out 2). Just my thought on it. Neat idea though.

8. rnjscooter

rnjscooter
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I have my Backline using out1, FOH using out2 and IEM's using out 4, but I see your point, and remember if its customizable I could have easily put a 1,2,3 or 4 in the name:)

Hoosierdaddy likes this.
  9. Semih Yanyali

Semih Yanyali
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Not only the blocks but it would be great if we could even name channels, and if these names show up on FC's or other 3rd party midi controller scripts it would be as good as it can get :)

rnjscooter likes this.