Morphosis

Official G66 Support
OUT Blocks bypass state are fixed to:
Physical OUT = MUTE
Block Grid Out = MUTE

IN Blocks bypass state are fixed to:
Physical IN = MUTE
Block Grid IN = THRU

This behaviour does NOT support time based Effects in the FX Loop to let their Delay or Reverb trails "ringing out", when bypassing the IN Block (as described in the manual). Also the Loop will actually all the time feed signal to the external effect (because OUT have to be ON) and when engage the IN Block, Effect trails from the external effect hits the signal chain, you normally will not have!

WISH:
When the IN or OUT Block is bypassed, the physical INs or Outs will be muted/discard. That`s ok, BUT:
let the User decide the Grid in and out bypass behaviour as following:

IN BLOCK:
bypass GRID (!) state
grid THRU
grid MUTE IN

OUT BLOCK:
grid THRU
grid MUTE OUT

I know, you can patch a workaround, but it`s not sexy ...

Only mute the output block. No need to mute the input block. This will allow the delay trails to ring out.

Only mute the output block. No need to mute the input block. This will allow the delay trails to ring out.
Yes, but it would interrupt the signal path also at the Blocks grid out. So, the block would have to be set in parallel, also the IN Block, because it discards the grids input (from the manual), if it`s ON (=physical Input ON). OK, that`s the workaround. But, hmm ... not the sexiest solution ...

I'll look into this. I'm almost positive we tested this and could get delay trails without any special routing.

So, the block would have to be set in parallel, also the IN Block

Yes, parallel is what I use. Works fine for me, even better than inline, because it indicates the loop more clearly.

I'll look into this. I'm almost positive we tested this and could get delay trails without any special routing.
Thanks Cliff! IF this will work, just placing IN and OUT in just a seriell routing, than maybe something is wrong described in the User manual:

Output blocks have a Bypass switch. When an Output block is bypassed, it mutes the signal at the corresponding
output AND on the grid. That is to say, its Bypass Mode is permanently set to “MUTE”.

Input blocks have a Bypass switch. When bypassed, they behave exactly like a Shunt. That is to say, their Bypass Mode is permanently set to “THRU”. While an Input block is NOT bypassed, it discards signal at its grid input.

I looked into this and it's complicated. The problem is if you want, for example, delay trails then you need to be mixing the output of the external processor. So there is no simple way to do this and support bypassing. The best solution is to use a Mixer block and parallel routing. Run the external processor 100% wet and bypass the Output block to bypass the processor. Adjust the desired amount of effect in the Mixer block.

I looked into this and it's complicated. The problem is if you want, for example, delay trails then you need to be mixing the output of the external processor. So there is no simple way to do this and support bypassing. The best solution is to use a Mixer block and parallel routing. Run the external processor 100% wet and bypass the Output block to bypass the processor. Adjust the desired amount of effect in the Mixer block.

OK, the manual describes in fact ONLY a seriell FX-Loop: Engage and Bypasse loop with the INPUT Block
manual_seriell_fx_loop.PNG

I`m confused with the Mixer block. For what? Don`t get it... :oops: ok, let`s think loud...

If a parallel FX Loop (and trails from ext. FX) is needed, set the OUT/IN blocks in parallel w/o a grid connection between. Engage and Bypass loop with the OUTPUT Block.
external_fx_trail_loop_1.PNG

For best SNR don`t use the Output Block`s OUTPUT LEVEL, but the Input`s OUTPUT LEVEL to adjust the mix amount of the 100% wet external effect signal.

Ahhh, ok ... and if you need lots more than 50% Mix level, THAN mixing with an Mixer Block placed after the Input Block, receive both dry and wet signal lines....ok, got it ... ?!

The way I understand it, it could be done “easily” with an extra output block type : a switcher between rows.

That way the switcher has two positions :
1) signal to the following block on the same row, and the signals flows left to right as usual
2) signal is routed to another raw, hitting output block 2, signal goes to physical output 2, then outboard gear, then input 2, and back into the grid.

This blocks the signal before the loop, so you don’t get outboard gear feeding wet signals from “before” you activate the loop, and when switching back to “loop off” you still get the trails.

My 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom