In light of the third party cab libraries...

Would you like the option of using factory IR slots for user IR's?

• Total voters
For anyone else curious about the Logidy pedal, it can store 1000 cab IRs on one SD card, but they must be 44.1kHz WAV files (mono or stereo), and they can be up to 1500 ms/64k samples in length.

Logidy = Cool product! I might be a bit concerned about the robustness of SD cards for gigging/touring, but I guess you could bring spares.

Logidy = Cool product! I might be a bit concerned about the robustness of SD cards for gigging/touring, but I guess you could bring spares.

Consider all the pro photographers trucking around a war torn desert popping off shots on their digital cameras and having them saved to SD cards. I wouldn't worry about their ruggedness.

Now, the fact that it doesn't seem to have MIDI for IR patch changes I WOULD worry about.

For anyone else curious about the Logidy pedal, it can store 1000 cab IRs on one SD card, but they must be 44.1kHz WAV files (mono or stereo), and they can be up to 1500 ms/64k samples in length.

I wish it was Midi controllable. Id buy it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The factory cabs are read-only.

The need for more user cabs was one of the impetuses for the XL.

What this means is that the MKII motherboard simply does not have the printed circuit architecture to support writing to the existing chip that contains the factory cabs. i.e. changing the chip is not an option.
Cliff said in an earlier thread that the motherboard was redesigned for the XL.

It's the auditioning and tweaking of presets where it is really convenient to have your IR collection fully loaded. That is where the massive number of slots pays off.

Exactly, unless in the future CAB LAB could hear the audio from the Axe FX and then you could just load all the IRs with in CAB LAB and audition them in the computer, then select your favourites and sync to the Axe FX unit, that would be the best!

Exactly, unless in the future CAB LAB could hear the audio from the Axe FX and then you could just load all the IRs with in CAB LAB and audition them in the computer, then select your favourites and sync to the Axe FX unit, that would be the best!

Or if like Cab Lab could read a directory, where you could just scroll through a directory and each cab.syx would be loaded automatically to the Scratch Pad by just highlighting it. You won't always want to audition cabs in the end of the audio signal chain...

I don't think the factory slots will change any time soon, so we Axe FX users are stock with just 100 slots and for many that will be just enough, but the truth is that you need more slots in order to really find the special IRs that will become your favourite go to cabs and that is where the XL shine.

If you have $199 to spare, overcome any space limitations and buy the Lodigy ESPi unit and put it in the FX loop of the Axe FX Standard, Ultra, II or XL and you will also get true convolution reverbs and way longer IRs and it is STEREO!!! that will ensure countless hours of fun.

This s going to be the year of the IRs for sure.

That was a cool little thing :D

Or if like Cab Lab could read a directory, where you could just scroll through a directory and each cab.syx would be loaded automatically to the Scratch Pad by just highlighting it. You won't always want to audition cabs in the end of the audio signal chain...

This may more properly be something to add to AE vs. Cab Lab? The ability to browse IR's on your computer while the preset maintains audio.

What this means is that the MKII motherboard simply does not have the printed circuit architecture to support writing to the existing chip that contains the factory cabs. i.e. changing the chip is not an option.
Cliff said in an earlier thread that the motherboard was redesigned for the XL.

Nope.

The Cabs can change but they are baked into the firmware. So for a user to change them, the user would have to create a new firmware and re-flash. That's a pretty risky option to open up and would be a support cluster f for FAS.

Consider all the pro photographers trucking around a war torn desert popping off shots on their digital cameras and having them saved to SD cards. I wouldn't worry about their ruggedness.

Now, the fact that it doesn't seem to have MIDI for IR patch changes I WOULD worry about.

Beat me to it.

I see ir's for Logidy must be 44.1kHz. The Axe deals in 48kHz. Can Ultra Res cabs be auditioned via Logidy or is there a conversion process that has to take place in order for that to happen? Totally out of my depth here. Any information would be helpful, guys. The Logidy pedal looks promising but I don't want to resample and have to resample back again. I have no idea????

Back
Top Bottom