In FW16, what are the FAS amp presets called?

bxlgotham

Inspired
I only see two available after I upgraded and there used to be eight? Were they renamed or maybe I just missed something or rather messed something up?

are you referring to teh factory presets? The Firmware doesn't change the presets. There will be an updated set of factory presets available "soon"

Reactions: jon
If you refer to the Factory Presets that use FAS Amps, there have been no changes. You can find the list here.
If you refer the FAS amps, there are still 16, not 8, and the names have not changed

FAS Amps.png

Last edited:
In Axe Edit go to any preset and then in the Amp block go to bottom left area in the field where it shows the kind of amp, then click there, the entire list of available amps will come up and you search for the FAS amps.

Haha... I was going to ask, does that mean essentially most versatile for basis of building/tone matching or finding fresh/unique tones that don't sound as derived to known tones in music? Is it more neutral in some audiophile kind of way? Cool info tho.

Haha... I was going to ask, does that mean essentially most versatile for basis of building/tone matching or finding fresh/unique tones that don't sound as derived to known tones in music? Is it more neutral in some audiophile kind of way? Cool info tho.

I’d say it’s more like optimized amp topologies and component values per FAS aka Cliff.

When normal amps daydream, they fantasize of being a FAS amp. They are the Keanu Reeves of amps.

Per Cliff:
"The FAS models are idealized and have some of the "design flaws" removed or reduced."

"In the digital realm we are not constrained by the limitations that face tube amp designers so we are free to implement designs that would be nearly impossible with a tube amp."

To put it another way, in a real amp if you want to cut low end between gain stages you have to use resistors and capacitors to tune the cut how you want it, limited by the values of resistor and capacitor you can combine. To build the model you then simulate that low cut with a math to do the same thing those components did. But in your model you can also use math you couldn't create with physical resistors to really customize that low cut and create something a real amp couldn't have.

Back
Top Bottom