In case you have seen this yet

Reading about US and Soviet space programs it's like we were a more advanced civilization back then. Slide rules, paper, and prodigious amounts of cursing, and it all worked fine. We're riding that wave to this day. Maybe the Cold War wasn't so bad after all.

I had the pleasure and privilege to work and hang out with the father of one of my oldest friends. He led a team of 50 scientists in Huntsville Alabama working on the Saturn V rocket. It was real.

Last edited:
I'm not really surprised a lot of people think it's CGI. A big bunch of the population doesn't believe in viruses, evolution, and a lot of other science, so this might as well be magic to them. While the robotics I work on aren't anything to this degree, I've worked around a number of manufacturing robots, and the level of fluid precision of some of those robots is insane. I've never seen anything in a BD video I've questioned based on what I know works. It's not like they just created these out of the blue. I've watched BD go from simple wired up pogo stick like devices to this over many years.

I'm not really surprised a lot of people think it's CGI. A big bunch of the population doesn't believe in viruses, evolution, and a lot of other science, so this might as well be magic to them. While the robotics I work on aren't anything to this degree, I've worked around a number of manufacturing robots, and the level of fluid precision of some of those robots is insane. I've never seen anything in a BD video I've questioned based on what I know works. It's not like they just created these out of the blue. I've watched BD go from simple wired up pogo stick like devices to this over many years.
I think the problem with everything, is that with Photoshop and CGI, you just can't believe anything you see on the Internet anymore

I think it’s more of a case of the other visible production elements and not the fact that the BD robots are capable. Boston Dynamics has more than proven their robots are capable of each of the individual movements. The CGI proponents almost universally point out the filters, the lighting, the other visible elements. These are what most people are pointing to when they suspect CGI - and also that they disavow evolution and viruses. LOL. I almost left that out.
You must have a pretty interesting group of friends!

Science is so heavily politicized nowadays, I no longer know what to believe. It’s especially blindingly obvious this year.

From Snopes: (I'm not making this up, I swear!)

(Are The Dancing Robots Real?) "Given the reputable nature of the robotics company, and the impact and popularity of their robots, we rate this claim as “True.”

This is like one the funniest thing I've ever read. I'm glad that someone is considering "impact and popularity" when acting as the purveyor of truth. Based on it's impact and popularity, I guess all those doubts I had about “Star Wars” were ill-founded.

Last edited:
It's the year 2030, your intravenous RFID chip has malfunctioned on your daily commute to your job as a Facebook comment report monitor and you have been flagged as non-compliant. Then one of these monstrosities is dispatched to your location. They tackle you to the ground and unleash their crotch mounted tasers. Once you're subdued they start fucking dancing. :tearsofjoy:

Watch “Elysium” for a demonstration. They’ll break your arm if you joke about it too.

Science is so heavily politicized nowadays, I no longer know what to believe. It’s especially blindingly obvious this year.

follow the $$$

then Add in human psychology of not wanting to raise your head above the herd your fear of being lopped off ... that’s today’s “science”

Just a bunch of group-think people vying for the next research grant.

Back
Top Bottom