In Axe edit is the bypass mode in the mixer page of a block same as what the IA switches toggle?

Gene

Inspired
Hi all, I am trying to figure something out.

On the MFC 101 mk III I have the bottom row of switches set up to select 5 presets. IA switches 6 to 17 are for toggling blocks on/off tuner etc. It is in it's factory default state.

I was using Axe edit yesterday and set up an external dual switch connected to the MFC switch 1/2 input to engage amp boost and drive block on/off. I right clicked on the : Drive block / mixer / bypass mode and selected my external ctrl 2. I now have the drive toggling on off with the external switch.

Is this exactly the same as what the IA switch for drive 1 on/off is doing?Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 12.18.20.png

Yes. That modifier controls the bypass state, so it works the same way as the IA switches. You can even assign the same external controller to this parameter in multiple blocks and turn them all on and off with the same switch.

Another trick is to assign the same controller to two different block bypass modifiers and then reverse the start and end values on one of the modifiers. That will let you toggle between two different blocks with the same switch.

Yes. That modifier controls the bypass state, so it works the same way as the IA switches. You can even assign the same external controller to this parameter in multiple blocks and turn them all on and off with the same switch.

Another trick is to assign the same controller to two different block bypass modifiers and then reverse the start and end values on one of the modifiers. That will let you toggle between two different blocks with the same switch.
Hi Mr. Fender........... Weird thing is the IA switch for the Drive 1 is not toggling the drive 1 block now, the External switch seems to override it. i.e. the external switch will turn drive 1 on/off but the MFC 101 IA switch seems to do nothing since I programmed the external switch............ I will look at it tomorrow to see what is going on.

Hi Mr. Fender........... Weird thing is the IA switch for the Drive 1 is not toggling the drive 1 block now, the External switch seems to override it. i.e. the external switch will turn drive 1 on/off but the MFC 101 IA switch seems to do nothing since I programmed the external switch............ I will look at it tomorrow to see what is going on.

That's normal; a bypass modifier overrides the usual block bypass ability. If you wanted an external switch and onboard IA to both work, you could set the ext. switch to the Drive 1 Bypass CC# (found in I/O: CTRL menu) instead.

Back
Top Bottom