Impulse response help

Jvstrat

Experienced
Just got an axe standard. Interested on opinions between redwirez and ownhammer or any others. Thanks

I'm biased, but I think the new stuff coming out from OwnHammer is better than anything else out there.

The "standards" are the Red Wire and the Own Hammer. Deep, full of options and they work well.

With the Red Wire, you need - as a general requirement - to use some low-cut/high-cut (aka low pass/high pass) to get them to sit right. I liked a Low Cut of 70Hz, and a high Cut of about 6500Hz to start with most of them.

Own Hammer Gen 1 (aka V1) sound fine out of the box negating any need for the EQ tricks; but you will need to watch your treble/presence settings at gigging volumes.

The Own Hammer V2... (disclosure: I am a beta tester for Own Hammer) are outstanding. They are mostly forthcoming at this point, other than the free Bogner V30 cab offered (I believe it is still available).

There are other third party IR's available, but more people opt for the free ones. There are a few - the James Santiago from Fractal are some of the best available. Can't argue with free. :D

All 100% my opinion only.

Back
Top Bottom