Importing wav IR's into AFX2?

geepee

Inspired
Given .wav IR’s with sample rates: 44.1/48.0/88.2/96.0 kHz and lengths: 200/500 ms, what would one use to import into the AxeFxII, via AxeEdit/Axe-Manage Cabs?

And what should one expect as the result within the AxeEdit cab selection window?

Last edited:
.wav IRs have to be converted to Fractal's proprietary cab format in .syx files. Like Gilly said, use Cab Lab.

thanks to both of you... I am guessing that I won't have to worry about which sample rate and length I should use

Last edited:
.wav IRs have to be converted to Fractal's proprietary cab format in .syx files. Like Gilly said, use Cab Lab.

Copied from Own Hammer Webpage:

"As of version 3.12.0 of Axe-Edit and 1.7.0 of AX8-Edit, free Fractal editor companion software now allows for the import of .wav files."

There is also a video available.( sorry, cannot add links or videos to my replies yet)

Mmmm...you have a celestion pack,right?
Choose the 48kHz folder and you're good to go!
Here you have some info:
https://www.celestionplus.com/ir-instructions/
In the "Standalone Amp Modelling Hardware" section you can see the requirements for our Fractal pleasure machines.
They recommend 200ms but the lenght is not critical, you can use either 200 or 500ms and get great tones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom