Importing presets from the AX8

Timo

Inspired
HI guys!
How do you import old presets from the AX8 to the FM3?
Or do I have to redo them all?

You can use "Fractool", but you will probably have to modify some of them in the process of importing them, depending out the blocks involved.

You can't import directly from the AX8 to the FM3, you have to use a third party app called Fractool. Now, I don't know if Fractool has been updated to support the FM3 but I've imported presets from the AX8 to the Axe FX III with no problem at all.

Well, not to hijack Timo's thread...But Maybe he's going to experience what I am and this will help him out...I had a backup of my presets from AX8. Saved them as local files in AX8 format. Opened up the preset that I want to import to FM3, and said send to fasDevice. Status window says it sent, title of the preset shows up on my fm3, but the fm3 is totally locked up. Any ideas?

Well, I'm trying the Fractool, but I get an error. Something is not working.
and yes, elpedro - I got old preset backup from the ax8 in different formats, but no luck so far :(

Well, I'm trying the Fractool, but I get an error. Something is not working.
and yes, elpedro - I got old preset backup from the ax8 in different formats, but no luck so far :(
Not sure what error you are getting - but make sure you don't have FM3Edit and fractool open at the same time.

Thanks! Now I manage to import the presets, but they're silent .. I guess I have to dig deeper
Make sure you have input and output blocks, for starters. I think you have to add those to the converted presets. The next thing to check after that would be if there are user cab IR's present in the AX8 presets that aren't in the FM3 (or a different slot between the two), a volume block with a controller that is different between the AX8/FM3...
I'm jealous...I wasn't even able to get that far ;)

Make sure you have input and output blocks, for starters. I think you have to add those to the converted presets. The next thing to check after that would be if there are user cab IR's present in the AX8 presets that aren't in the FM3 (or a different slot between the two), a volume block with a controller that is different between the AX8/FM3...
I'm jealous...I wasn't even able to get that far ;)
Perfect! I located the problem to the IR blocks missing!

Back
Top Bottom