Importing AxeIII preset and user cab bank

Roadrunner

Power User
Hi all.
So, just got my FM3 and wanted to upload it one bank and one user cab bank from my AxeIII.
I first converted the preset A bank to FM3 format using Fractool but......nothing happens.
I used FAS bot, the screen show some progress but the preset are not there.
Am i missing something?
For those who switched presets from the 3 to the FM3, how did you do it?
Thanks.

I just drag’n’drop AFXIII Preset to FM3 Edit. Haven’t notice any problems… Well every preset has the output Block in the beginning of the grid, but that must be because AFXIII has little bigger grid.

I am not sure if loading Axe FX III Banks is possible.

Anyone who transferred presets from the III to the FM3?
I do it back and forth all the time.

The only thing I've noticed being required is that both need to be on the same firmware, Ares <--> Ares or Cygnus <--> Cygnus. The version number matching doesn't seem to matter. You can move from Ares to Cygnus (but not vice-versa) but settings will be off and you'll probably need to reset and tweak the Amp block.

I've moved presets multiple ways:
  • Export the preset on one then import it on the other.
  • Open the Preset Manager and drag a backup bank into the Browser (left pane) then drag the desired presets to the slots you want then click Save.
  • Open Fractal-Bot (which is built into the Editor, or use the stand-alone) and send the entire bank.
Be aware of the differences between the FM3 and FX3 as the smaller FM3 grid can cause blocks to move or connections to be broken. Also, because the FM3 doesn't support all the same numbers of blocks, and in some cases doesn't even have the same blocks, your preset might be mangled. Edit them on the FX3 to fit the FM3 before trying to move them and they'll transfer cleanly. The Wiki says:

Presets for the III and FM3 are compatible. When importing presets from the III, FM3-Edit tries to convert the larger grid to the FM3’s smaller one. Blocks which aren't supported by the FM3, can't be imported. Blocks on the far right columns or lower rows of the Axe-Fx III are put into the first available spaces on the left of the FM3 layout grid and are disconnected. Block files can not be exchanged at the time of writing.

Last edited:
Managed to upload single presets but not the entire bank...
What about cab IR's? any limitations or there is a way to upload a full bank?

Back
Top Bottom