Important thing to consider when using the preamp simulation in the cab block

javajunkie

This will be obvious to most, but I thought I would bring it up. If you are using or have downloaded a patch with the preamp simulation on in the cab block, remember changing the signal level before the cab block will have an affect on the preamp simulation. It is level dependent.

So you if you set up the preamp in the cab block and then went and then leveled all you presets with the amp block, this would send a different signal level to the preamp simulation in the cab block and the amount of saturation it had would change. So after a volume change before the cab block, you will probably want to adjust the amount of drive in the preamp sim.

Yeah higher drive settings in the preamp sim can get pretty wooly if you're not careful. Actually works really well for grungy industrial kind of sounds (NIN, etc.) if you set drive and saturation high on purpose. The tape models set really high have a unique scratchy quality that makes for some really cool low-fi sounds. There's no limit to the number of wacky noises you can craft with this box of wizardry.

Yeah higher drive settings in the preamp sim can get pretty wooly if you're not careful. Actually works really well for grungy industrial kind of sounds (NIN, etc.) if you set drive and saturation high on purpose. The tape models set really high have a unique scratchy quality that makes for some really cool low-fi sounds. There's no limit to the number of wacky noises you can craft with this box of wizardry.

Yeah, works great for getting a distorted bass sound that stands out in the mix.

This will be obvious to most, but I thought I would bring it up. If you are using or have downloaded a patch with the preamp simulation on in the cab block, remember changing the signal level before the cab block will have an affect on the preamp simulation. It is level dependent.

So you if you set up the preamp in the cab block and then went and then leveled all you presets with the amp block, this would send a different signal level to the preamp simulation in the cab block and the amount of saturation it had would change. So after a volume change before the cab block, you will probably want to adjust the amount of drive in the preamp sim.

A good use is also to boost some frequencies of the graphic equalizer (of the amp Block)
to drive the input of the cab preamp.

Back
Top Bottom