Import/Export via USB & Midi

claxor

Power User
Guys,

I've had terrible experiences trying to use the Midi 2x2 device, and I want to be able to use the MFC-Edit program.

I have:

Axefx 2 Mark 2
MFC-101 Mark 1

Does anyone know how I can import/export the MFC files using my laptop's usb connected to my Axefx 2 Mark 2, and the midi connected into the MFC-101 Mark 1? Could I still use Fractal-Bot?

Thanks!

Last edited:
AFAIK you can still use Fractal-Bot but when I had similar issues with MFC-Edit, I also had them with Fractal-Bot. For me I have to unplug the MFC from the Axe and power the MFC with the wall wart. Then the MIDI works for me. Others say they don't need to do that and it can be connected and powered by the Axe. YMMV.

Guys,

I've had terrible experiences trying to use the Midi 2x2 device, and I want to be able to use the MFC-Edit program.

I have:

Axefx 2 Mark 2
MFC-101 Mark 1

Does anyone know how I can import/export the MFC files using my laptop's usb connected to my Axefx 2 Mark 2, and the midi connected into the MFC-101 Mark 1? Could I still use Fractal-Bot?

Thanks!
You can definitely use Fractal Bot. And you can definitely use MFC-Edit. I guarantee if you follow the instructions that MFC-Edit will work using the Axe-Fx as a MIDI interface to the MFC-101. See this post: Using the Axe-Fx as a USB/MIDI interface. If you've already messed with the delays, reset them from the Delay Help button on the "Send File to MFC-101" window. Or, check the Manual Delay Override and set the slider to 120ms.

If you want to send me your Midi 2x2 device I'll figure out the delay for you and return it. Send me a PM if you want to do that.

You can definitely use Fractal Bot. And you can definitely use MFC-Edit. I guarantee if you follow the instructions that MFC-Edit will work using the Axe-Fx as a MIDI interface to the MFC-101. See this post: Using the Axe-Fx as a USB/MIDI interface. If you've already messed with the delays, reset them from the Delay Help button on the "Send File to MFC-101" window. Or, check the Manual Delay Override and set the slider to 120ms.

If you want to send me your Midi 2x2 device I'll figure out the delay for you and return it. Send me a PM if you want to do that.

Thanks for the help!

So, can you explain what you would be doing with the Midi 2x2 device, and how it would be different than just trying to transmit at different delay settings manually? (I could never get the Midi 2x2 device to work with my Axefx Ultra before)

Nothing different. I would do the transmissions and observe sysex message behaviors on both ends. That would tell me what it needs to work or if it just cannot work.
MFC-Edit does something special that Fractal Bot, MIDI-OX and Snoize don't do during transmissions. This provides more debug to me than most other people have and make MFC-Edit a little faster and a little more dependable than other programs. I've tested quite a few interfaces (I own four) and they are all different. Once I've figured out what a specific interface needs to behave reliably, I can build that into MFC-Edit so that it recognizes the interface and sets the transmission delays automatically.

But, as I don't have an overabundance of time on my hands you are more than welcome to test all the different delays and figure it out by trial and error. If you do figure out the delay, I would ask that you share it with me so I can build it into MFC-Edit so the next victim using the Midi 2x2 interface can be spared the grief :)
-G

If you do figure out the delay, I would ask that you share it with me so I can build it into MFC-Edit so the next victim using the Midi 2x2 interface can be spared the grief :)
-G

I know there are a couple of different versions of the 2x2. I have the older Midiman Midisport 2x2 that is chartreuse in color. I have my delay set right over the "0" of "150". It looks like it's around 155 or so.

I know there are a couple of different versions of the 2x2. I have the older Midiman Midisport 2x2 that is chartreuse in color. I have my delay set right over the "0" of "150". It looks like it's around 155 or so.
Thanks. Is that working reliably for you now? If it is, what is the exact name displayed int the MIDI Device drop-down on the Transmit/Receive page of MFC-Edit?
-G

If it is, what is the exact name displayed int the MIDI Device drop-down on the Transmit/Receive page of MFC-Edit?

It is working 100% now. The drop down just says "MIDISPORT 2x2 Port A" it doesn't give an indication of the particular model/version. But I do recall following a thread somewhere (guessing on the FCB1010 UnO forum) that folks were getting varied results with them and it came down to the particular model. Perhaps the MFC/MFC-Edit combination isn't as picky, I don't know.

It is working 100% now. The drop down just says "MIDISPORT 2x2 Port A" it doesn't give an indication of the particular model/version. But I do recall following a thread somewhere (guessing on the FCB1010 UnO forum) that folks were getting varied results with them and it came down to the particular model. Perhaps the MFC/MFC-Edit combination isn't as picky, I don't know.
Thanks a ton for the info DTownSMR. I'll get that incorporated into MFC-Edit. We can always refine it later.
-G

Back
Top Bottom