Wish Implementing an "Expert" Mode on AX3

This is a "1% activity".

The great majority of users, even pro-users, won't care for this level of access VS getting other things Fractal is working on. Dev time is a zero sum game!

Worst maintaining that access as features change becomes morework over time, and that is really why it's a waste of time even to "try"
It adds drag to future releases for the sole benefit of people that really want to be doing Cliff's job, versus consuming Cliff's product aka

Are you a guitar player who likes to tweak (the mythical 99%)
or are you an amp / modeling sound design person who owns a guitar or three but wants even more virtual options than the 100s we already have (1%)

for your last question I can be the 100% , it probably won't happen but I'm surprised some people here agree to these internal modifications

I do agree it would be a nightmare to maintain something like this, let alone the support emails saying they "broke" their axe fx

Don't think it'll happen too, but I think it would be a major next step for fractal to have an option to make your own custom amplifier , you can kind of do that already I guess

Basically, what you are talking about is a "different" product. That would be fine. But the support headaches alone, as mentioned above by
A J Vargas and others is just crazy. Another fractal "build your own" type product, that makes more sense, for fractal anyway!

Basically, what you are talking about is a "different" product. That would be fine. But the support headaches alone, as mentioned above by
A J Vargas and others is just crazy. Another fractal "build your own" type product, that makes more sense, for fractal anyway!

That's really what I'm trying to say here I guess, to be able to make your own amp from scratch (with reasonable controlled boundaries)

why stop there ? make your own virtual drive pedal

You can try your hand at combining controls from different tone stacks here. It's not as simple as it sounds.

honestly something like this implemented into the axe fx ,is what I'm talking about!

edit: I know applying a parametric eq block will somehow achieve a similiar result

Last edited:
limitations force creativity, there are already SO MANY places you can use different EQs and filters in the Fractal platform I struggle to accept the idea there are tone shaping "limits" without more features exposed.

Has anyone hit the limits of the current firmware for tone shaping? I suspect no. Zero people have that aren't fractal employees with very specific goals.

honestly something like this implemented into the axe fx ,is what I'm talking about!

edit: I know applying a parametric eq block will somehow achieve a similiar result

That's a surprisingly good point actually:
You can already sort of do this with the Input EQ, Output EQ in the axe. It'd be nice if the Output EQ had a parametric mode, and the tonestack had a flat setting. Then when you place the Output EQ between the preamp and the power amp you've basically got your own visual tone stack took.

Back
Top Bottom