[Implemented] Channel select Smart bypass ring color change follows bypass

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
I've set up a button on my FC-12 to select Channel B on my Drive 2 block, and set Smart Bypass to ON.

I plan to use to occasionally turn on that drive and also select channel B.

This functions great...

However, suppose I'm in a scene where Drive 2 is not on channel B and is also bypassed. Pressing the button, the drive comes on and changes to channel B. The color ring goes from dim to bright.

If I press the button again, the drive goes off and stays on channel B... But the ring stays bright because channel B is selected.

What I would like is an option for the ring to go dim in that case. In other words, it follows the bypass state.

Because honestly, I don't care what channel is selected when it is off but I do care to know that it is on or off.

Or maybe the instead of Channel Select with Smart Bypass, we have Bypass with Smart Channel?

What would be nice would be to have something like a 2 color option when using this. One color would represent the block status when the desired channel is selected and another would represent the block status when a different channel is selected.

That still has the potential to be confusing, but at least there would be a way know when the block is bypassed or engaged AND if it's on the desired channel.

I posted this same request a while back. The current way the lights function for this feature makes absolutely no sense.

Option to select what type of behavior you'd like for bright, dim, and off states would be cool to have.

Even cooler would be the ability to also assign a given color to each channel (along with custom text) so then you could set it up to where you could instantly see what channel is selected by color, and then if its active or not by dim/bright

Option to select what type of behavior you'd like for bright, dim, and off states would be cool to have.

Even cooler would be the ability to also assign a given color to each channel (along with custom text) so then you could set it up to where you could instantly see what channel is selected by color, and then if its active or not by dim/bright
I like that idea a lot! A color per channel would be an excellent solution here, or for ANY of the Channel functions, I think.

This will be in the next Axe-Fx III firmware update. To be more specific, if Smart Bypass is enabled for an Effect->Chan Select function, the LED ring will now be in one of three states:
  1. Off: The effect is bypassed (regardless of the selected/configured channel).
  2. Dim: The effect is not bypassed but not on the switch's configured channel.
  3. Bright: The effect is not bypassed and is on the switch's configured channel.

This will be in the next Axe-Fx III firmware update. To be more specific, if Smart Bypass is enabled for an Effect->Chan Select function, the LED ring will now be in one of three states:
  3. Bright: The effect is not bypassed and is on the switch's configured channel.
Nice!

Awesome!

This is my second wish to be implemented in the past few months. Thanks!

This still doesn't seem like the best implementation to me. I suggest the following:
  1. Off: The effect is not present in the current preset. This applies to all switches assigned to the same block regardless of channel.
  2. Dim: The effect is bypassed. This applies to all switches assigned to the same block regardless of channel.
  3. Bright: The effect is not bypassed and is on the switch's configured channel. This only applies to the switch that corresponds to the current channel of the effect
With the current implementation, the switch is off even though the effect is in the current preset. This is inconsistent and confusing. With the implementation above, the behavior is consistent with the ring display of other effects.

This still doesn't seem like the best implementation to me. I suggest the following:
  1. Off: The effect is not present in the current preset. This applies to all switches assigned to the same block regardless of channel.
  2. Dim: The effect is bypassed. This applies to all switches assigned to the same block regardless of channel.
  3. Bright: The effect is not bypassed and is on the switch's configured channel. This only applies to the switch that corresponds to the current channel of the effect
With the current implementation, the switch is off even though the effect is in the current preset. This is inconsistent and confusing. With the implementation above, the behavior is consistent with the ring display of other effects.

100% agree and the manual is not clear with regards to smart bypass. Dim should always be used when the effect is in the preset and in a bypass state. Should never be off as this is not consistent.

I'm relatively new here, and defintely a newb with the Axe FX III and the FC-12, but in trying out different layout scenarios, I came across this awesome Smart Bypass feature. It was exactly what I was looking for to achive a certain goal.

But when I clicked the active channel (to bypass the effect) the LED turned off.
I figured it was a bug because the effect is defintely presnt in my preset, and LEDs turn off only when an effect is ot in the preset (or so I thought).

Longwinded way of saying I agree with AxeManDan and ethomas1013.

I'll be looking for the mechanism to create a feature request :)

The mechanism is the Wish List... You can create a new wish for your desired behavior. ;)
Thank you sir, that seems rather painfully obvious now that it has been pointed out to me. I'm good that way!

New wish created:
forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/wish-led-behavior-for-smart-bypass-dimmed-for-bypass-off-when-effect-not-present.169269/

Back
Top Bottom