[implemented] Momentary switch as toggle when using FC SWITCHES 1+2

Larry Kehl

Inspired
I’m sure I missing the obvious and before I waste AXE’s time on the wish list maybe someone her can tell me what I’m missing and first reaction maybe that I should have posted in the FC forum but I think this the correct and better to post - if not my apologies

I have a momentary SWITCH (e.g., a sustendo [sustain] pedal from a keyboard). I liked to use it in the SWITCHES 1+2 of the FC-6 as a latching switch. First press “on” next press “off” next press “on” you get it. Or have it act like a toggle switch

Yes, I know if I plug it into a PEDAL input of either FX III or FC-6 I can specify the switch type as “Momentary” or “Latching” as well as “Continuous” via FX III Setup menus. And in that case it is trivial to set the switch action I want and to have it act like either a hold until release (monetary) as is its normal function or as an “on-off-on-off-on…” switch action I want.

However, when I plug it into the FC-6 SWITCHES 1+2 it is always seen as what it is: a hold until release (momentary) kind of switch there is no way, at least that I can see, to re-define the Switch “type” (i.e., momentary or latching) as you can in the “Pedal Type” of the FX III “Setup” menu. And there is no way to use multitude of parameters on the Modifiers page (AXE Edit menu), that I can puzzle out, to trick it in to seeing it as on off- on- off- on … toggle kind of device.

Again I’m sure there is an easy way to do this in some menu FX III menu or Modifier edit page when plugged into and USING THE SWITCHES 1+2 (not the Pedal inputs) – I’m just not “getting it.”

If there is no way I think I will add request in the Wish List that SWITCHES 1-4 have some kind of “global” define parameter – as do the Expression 1-2 on FX III or PEDALS 1-4 on FC-6 as momentary or toggle (latching) type

Thanks
Larry

KUDOS to FAS :) : I no more than added this to the FX III Wish list then a few weeks later here comes FX 5.07 and FC 1.06 and it does essentially (in truth exactly) what I asked. So FAS was obviously working on this long before I asked - :D

Hi Larry. Thanks for your thank you. In fact, you are correct: this was been on the FC list since before you requested it, but we are happy that it meets your needs!

Hi FAS,

I have a couple of momentary switches on my Boss foot controller that I want to use as latching, but I'm unable to. Basically, when I push the switch down I see the controller go to max on the modifier graph. However, when I let go of the switch, it drops back to min. So, this essentially makes these switches useless for things like toggling bypass on say, drive, or some other "stomp" box in the Axe-FX.

Does this firmware update address the same issue? If so, is there anyway this can be backported to the FXII XL+?

Really hoping this issue can be addressed on the FXII XL+. Fingers crossed!

And as always, FAS rocks!

Best,

I have a couple of momentary switches on my Boss foot controller that I want to use as latching, but I'm unable to. Basically, when I push the switch down I see the controller go to max on the modifier graph. However, when I let go of the switch, it drops back to min. So, this essentially makes these switches useless for things like toggling bypass on say, drive, or some other "stomp" box in the Axe-FX.
Use them as stand-in switches for an already-assigned switch. See: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/video-stand-in-switches-explained.150385/

You can't use them as external controllers to change bypass state for the very reason you've noted.

Hi FAS,

Does this firmware update address the same issue? If so, is there anyway this can be backported to the FXII XL+?

Really hoping this issue can be addressed on the FXII XL+. Fingers crossed!

And as always, FAS rocks!

Best,

Maybe I don't understand what you are saying or what your question is but ..

Have you tried going into FX III setup (assuming you have firmware FX III 5.07 and FC-1.06 installed): Setup-> FC Controllers - > Remote and scroll down to "Ext. Switch 1 (or 2, or 3, or 4) Behavior" and change to "Virtual Toggle" from the default Follow Hardware?

Then momentary switch will act like a latching (on to off, off to on) switch. When set-up like that you can, and I already do, use them on any FX III discrete parameter like Delay repeats on/off; Reverb hold on/off; ... INCLUDING any Bypass item (like, Wah, Chorus, Reverb, Amp, Cab, ...). just an FYI you could use on a continuous parameters like Delay feedback to go from min to max and back but not really all that useful for most things, I have played with this but mostly for grins

good luck

Back
Top Bottom