[implemented] In case you didn't get the memo... "IR Player" blocks going to be added

WOW !!!
Big news - been wanting and thinking about wish listing this, just haven't gotten around to it.
Going to use this in almost every preset going when it drops

For us who usually end up using 1-2 cabs anyways, or even all 4 cabs. We could blend our own mixes in Cablab, and then use the simple IR Cab block, to save CPU.

Or you could use the Cab block and only use one slot. Muted slots use no CPU.
not to belabor the word , but WOW. and it appears that CPU consumption is substantial, my quick
test on a loaded Naked Amp preset with both CAB blocks filled and only one SLOT unmuted goes from 61.3 up to 88.9 with all unmuted!

Last edited:
I find that these days I’m mostly just picking an IR, high and low cut, and done. Other controls are great to have, but if I like my tone, I don’t really mess with them.

Guess for my needs, this Ir loader could be all the more I need in many cases, though still cool to have the real cab block and the ability to blend Ir’s etc

Kind of nice I suppose having options of both simple and complex tools, depending on the needs

I think THIS (the new IR block) in combination with the use of Filter & EQ blocks as discussed in the "Amp in the Room" thread (and the idea of 3 amp blocks) -- https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/amp-in-the-room.141579/ -- hopefully this will be a more CPU friendly, yet powerful, tone sculpting option.

With that being said, most of my presets use 1 Cab block with 2 or 3 slots loaded. But now I'm re-imaging some WDW setups.

As with others on here, I'm extremely grateful to the FAS team for continuing to push the envelope when it comes to developing the best digital Guitar Processor around.

Make it possible to use 6 mono IR's, please :)

I want to process the 6 strings separately (from the Roland hex-pickup) for v-guitar modeling.

Make it possible to use 6 mono IR's, please :)

I want to process the 6 strings separately (from the Roland hex-pickup) for v-guitar modeling.

Two extra IR blocks will let you do it ; use the two existing cab blocks with two IR's each (pan L/R) and then the two new blocks giving you (2x2) + 2 =6 IR's.

Would someone care to elaborate on this block does exactly ?
As I understand it, It is a simple single cab block with no preamp, room, proximity, or other parameters. Use it instead of the regular cab block to reduce the CPU footprint.

Would someone care to elaborate on this block does exactly ?
Folks wanted more tonematch blocks, and channels on tonematch blocks, that couldn't be implemented without increasing the size of the preset, so as an alternative Cliff cooked up these "IR Player" blocks. Now for folks who do alot of tonematching they can have several option of tonematch IRs in their presets. Also as mentioned above has wider uses, anywhere you can think to have use for an IR w/o the extra options of the full cab block... for example there's been an echoplex IR floating around for years, in the past you'd have to use a cab block for that, now you'll be able to use an IR Player instead, save your cab blocks for more cab block-y duties.

Back
Top Bottom