[fixed] Implement Devin's Wah trick into the Wah block itself

Golden Whammy already exists.
It does but you still have to set it up like Devins wah
I thought what you were asking for was a pre configured block
So you could just select type and have it auto load those modifiers and parameter .

It does but you still have to set it up like Devins wah
I thought what you were asking for was a pre configured block
So you could just select type and have it auto load those modifiers and parameter .

The wish is for an additional Wah block parameter, not a preconfigured block type. All it takes to create a golden Whammy or Wah, without having to adjust parameters, is copying the block from another preset.

Stupid question: What's a "golden whammy"? I know about the golden delay ratio, guessing it's related to that, maybe?

Stupid question: What's a "golden whammy"? I know about the golden delay ratio, guessing it's related to that, maybe?
No, it's a pitch/whammy block with a mix modifier that fades to dry signal near heel-down. (Auto-engage actually does the same but at a fixed speed that's fast enough to cause an audible blip sometimes.) So, it sounds like this wish is for a mix control in the wah block.

I question why we need to do this trick at all to make the wha stand out, track in a way that's more natural to a real tube amp. Been using this trick since getting an Axe FX in 2017 as well.

I recently tried Devon’s trick after reading his thread and definitely agree. This is the polish the auto-engage needs for smooth position based auto engage. This approach makes the transition extremely smooth and should be built in if possible. I instantly set all my presets up with this approach.

+1

Modifying mix with the pedal at the same time as pitch is a workaround for the auto-engage hiccup. Is yek's request to fix auto-engage hiccups, or just to be able to workaround auto-engage solely in the wah block because the 'normal' way to workaround the hiccup problem isn't possible in the wah block? Seems like the root problem is auto-engage, not that a workaround for auto-engage is complicated in one particular block.

I wouldn't say that there's a problem with auto-engage. Auto-engaging the Wah will ALWAYS cause a hiccup. That's inherent to the mechanism. Especially when the feature switches the block to Bypass, because the sound will jump from being very dark to normal. The proposed trick makes that transition less apparent. It's an alternative approach.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom