Imitating an Acoustic Simulator

rrogers

Inspired
I am thinking that some sort of combination of eq and compression can put in the ball park of a Boss acoustic simulator pedal. I know the sound will not be "truly" acoustic, but I have used that pedal in the past for acoustic intros on a few songs and it was a nice change of tone.

Any ideas where to start in terms of what frequencies to cut/boost, etc. (or if this is even possible).

Yeah, search youtube for acoustic tonematch and you should get some relevant results.

It works pretty good in practice. At last week's rehearsals I had my Taylor running in to the AxeFX and the keyboard player said he actually preferred the sound of my electric using an acoustic tonematch to the Taylor running direct.

One day I'll get around to getting a live tonematch on the Taylor. That will be the best way to go soundwise I'm thinking.

There are acoustic tone matches on the axe change. Voes has a killer one of a Martin I think. It's one of three that I use and it sounds great really cuts through the mix.

There are acoustic tone matches on the axe change. Voes has a killer one of a Martin I think. It's one of three that I use and it sounds great really cuts through the mix.

Would you consider providing a link to this? Or just linking the file here for us to try out? If not, that's ok too =)

My mistake it's a Gibson. thanks for linking that guys. I got side tracked and was about to when I saw you had already linked I.

They don't work with any guitar, though.

Remember that tonematches from other people will only get you so far if you don't have the same guitar as the user doing the tone match.

Hence why it's better to actually match by yourself in most cases. Unless your guitars are comparable.

I don't know what is so desirable about the acoustic simulator pedal from BOSS, though. I tried it in a shop and it sounded horrible. Harsh, artifical, tinny (for the lack of a better word).
But I guess it's a matter of taste. I managed to get way better results with Piezo equipped electric guitars than any acoustic modeller.

Back
Top Bottom