Imagine Dragons Top Rock Artist? Seriously?

deakle

Experienced
Imagine Dragons topping Queen as Top Rock Artist at last night's Billboard Music Awards. I knew these awards shows are a complete joke but this is just laughable.

Imagine Dragons topping Queen as Top Rock Artist at last night's Billboard Music Awards. I knew these awards shows are a complete joke but this is just laughable.

No one stays on top for ever! Who would I rather listen to... Queen of course, I've never even heard of Imagine Dragons. I guess that tells you how connected I am to current music.

Hmm.

I saw Imagine Dragons 2 years ago. Part of a Denver festival. The musicianship and entertainment value was excellent (really liked what the guitarist did live.)

Music moves on. While I love Queen (and think they're miles better)...giving them an award for Top Rock Artist 30 years after their last release would have been the joke to me.

Edit: IMO.

R

This is what happens when deaf people work for Billboard. Next will be blind people judging light shows. The only people who take Billbored seriously are the people who work for Billbored. Bill-bored. The name says it all.

I took my son to see Imagine Dragons last year. I was only peripherally aware of their music.

They put on a great live show and have some good tunes.

I don't like them. When I take spin classes, there is always one of their songs in the mix, and I just want to walk out.

The Billboard awards mean as little to me as the Grammys or RRHOF nominees. Which is basically zero. I haven't listened to a radio station in well over a decade, so my opinions of popular music shouldn't mean anything.

Rock is dead if a band that ended in 1991 gets top rock band awards because of a movie/biopic

I.D. deserve it

Back
Top Bottom