IMac USB recording issues - help please :)

Gytaxor

Inspired
all right guys I need your help. :)

I have iMac with intel processor, yosemite os x, - when I connect my Axe via USB, everything works fine, except for when I want to record. I have cubase 5, cubase 8 LE, studio one prime and garageband. I can record in Garageband, but no other daw. It would be ok if I wanted to just record demos for fun, but I have many projects in cubase and I need to record guitars into those. I simply can't figure out why it can work for garageband but not for cubase.

Can you guys help me here? What am I missing?

I tried to find answers on the forum, but did not find anything that would help me or explain my issue.

Thanks for your help.

cheers.

well,

Studio one prime - it won't even play anything when AXE is selected as audio interface

in cubase LE 8 and cubase 5 it plays already recorded audio and everything else, but when I select any input from the AXE, the input goes nuts and input level shows 100 dB of gain - and it simply cannot be contained. When I try to record with that, it simply does not record anything.

Dobry den,

C8 on iMac and USB recording without any hassle here. Pls show some screen shots of your vst connections (f4) and of your project screen prepared for recording.

Ok now I am even more confused :). So I fired up Cubase 8 and it seems the input was fine. But when I started recording I got this:C8 rec.png

and this is my VST inputsC8 VST in.png

All right I think I located the issue :) When I tried to record again in C8 it recorded fine without the audio dropout message. So I fired up Cubase 5, while running Cubase 8 and I could not get any signal on AXE inputs in Cubase 5. I quit Cubase 8, switched the driver again in Cubase 5 and input signal went crazy again. I fired up Cubase 8 to see what was going on there and same thing as in cubase 5. I quit cubase 5, Cubase 8, turn the AXE off, started Cubase 8, turned AXE on, and I could record again.

So ....

it is probably cubase 5 - it is old and should not run on yosemite, but i found a work around and everything was fine until I wanted to record.

so if I want to record I need to do it first in C8, otherwise Cubase 5 messes everything up. I think, at least - I am new to Mac so I have no idea how it works with DAWs. (I don't know much about how PCs work with DAWs either, but that is a different story :)

if any of you still have any suggestions on how to fix the Cubase 5 issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Chris and Martijne!

I can't help with C5 - I don't use it anymore. Your C8 setup looks fine to me.

I have audio dropouts in C8 only very occasionally. Make sure your C8 project is in 48kHz /24 or 32 bit (in project settings). I suspect they depend on audio buffer settings. Maybe this is also something to look into for C5.

Back
Top Bottom