I'm turning the cab selection knob for days and days

The easy answer to my problem is take the laptop downstairs and choose cabs from the list. Easy - yes, but i use the front panel just as often.
I have oodles of cabs to choose from, that's great.
I turn the knob forever to find a cab I want; especially if its a downloaded cab.
Is there a shortcut to pick cabs with the front panel knob?
Even starting from the end of the list would be helpful.

what i did is buy an old microsoft surface pro 2 used at craigslist for $100 Canadian. i installed AX8 Edit on it, plug the usb and that's what i use to tinker/make patch when i am on the road. it's small enough to put in the pocket of my guitar gig bag. just my .02 cents

You can use Yek's amp guide as a starting point. Cabs are suggested there. Trying every cab with each amp would take a while.

You can use Yek's amp guide as a starting point. Cabs are suggested there. Trying every cab with each amp would take a while.
I think the OP's point is that scrolling between cabs from the front panel is tedious. There's no way to "jump" to cab #120 from #1, for example... You've got to scroll through all the intervening cabs.

Maybe add a wish to have amps and cabinets shown with pages in groups of 25 or so. Wouldn't be so dissimilar to preset banks.

I don't think there is any other way on the unit. It would be great, if one could open a list and use D and E buttons to scroll horizontally and vertically like in the amp list.

Back
Top Bottom