I'm shopping - can I do this with one box?

Hi, everybody. I'm looking for the next evolution in my stage rig, and I'm very intrigued by the AxeFX. I think the tweakability could go a long way in bringing out the best of my instrument. Anyways-

What I eventually need is to have my stage amp (processed both pre- and post-) sitting in the center of the stereo field while a separate processed path plays around through the stereo field.

I understand that this could max the processor fairly quickly, and loop hum could be ridiculous, but my idea (I think) basically comes down to the I/O abilities of the AxeFX. Could the following work:

Instrument - AxeFX input 1 - Output 2 (panned hard right) - stage amp input - stage amp efx send - AxeFX input 2 - Output 2 (panned hard left) - stage amp return - stage amp cab?

This would allow me to setup a 4-cable stage rig using only AxeFX output 2, leaving Axe output 1 to handle the separate, differently-processed stereo background signal.

Thanks, all!

I think it might work. I'll have to check when I get home. Somebody might already being that and can chime in.

This is how I run the 4CM (except that I have my pannings reversed - it doesn't matter, though). I set Input 2 to be "Left Only". I then use Output 1 left and right for direct to FOH. There is an old post floating around the forum (I can't find it at the moment) with an Axe Edit screen print of this layout.

This is how I run the 4CM (except that I have my pannings reversed - it doesn't matter, though). I set Input 2 to be "Left Only". I then use Output 1 left and right for direct to FOH. There is an old post floating around the forum (I can't find it at the moment) with an Axe Edit screen print of this layout.
I think this may be the thread you're talking about: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/rigs-routing/34570-noob-question-using-both-outputs-1-2-pwramp%3Brec-interface-fx-loop-possible.html

Back
Top Bottom