I'm receiving the Axe-Fx III Mk2 next Week, what to do?

Hi everyone!

I'm soon a happy owner of an Axe-Fx III Mk2 and I wanna know what I have to do and what I need for using it properly. Here a couple of question:

I need that Fractal-Bot software for installing the latest firmware? is that correct?
Why is Fractal-Bot not integrated in the Axe Edit Software?

What about the Factory Preset Banks ? Do need those to install aswell? and if yes, also via Fractal-Bot?

What about the Axe-Fx III USB Driver Setup for Windows and Axe-Fx III USB Firmware Update v1.08 ?
The first is for the computer and the second for the Axe? and this one also via Fractal-Bot?

Thanks in advance =)

I need that Fractal-Bot software for installing the latest firmware? is that correct?
Why is Fractal-Bot not integrated in the Axe Edit Software?
it is. the Axe should come with the latest firmware installed, unless something else came out while it was in transit.

What about the Factory Preset Banks ? Do need those to install aswell? and if yes, also via Fractal-Bot?
it comes with the Factory Presets installed.

What about the Axe-Fx III USB Driver Setup for Windows and Axe-Fx III USB Firmware Update v1.08 ?
you need to install the drivers for your computer, the first thing you mentioned. the USB Firmware should already be the latest on the Axe.

Last edited:
First thing to do when you receive the axe FX III:

1) Plug guitar, amp, speakers, and power it
2) Select factory preset #162 "Poltergeist Pig"
3) Shut down the lights and pump up the volume
4) Play

You forgot no 1 - check output 1 volume knob isn’t at zero. That caught me out and I’ve had a AxeIII for two years!

When you first plug your guitar in, set 'Input 1/Instrument' level according to your pickups.

You don't want it too hot [constantly in the red] or too cold/weak.

You may have change this for different guitars, e.g. an Ibanez Universe as opposed to a Strat/Tele with vintage pickups.

When you first plug your guitar in, set 'Input 1/Instrument' level according to your pickups.

You may have change this for different guitars, e.g. an Ibanez Universe as opposed to a Strat/Tele with vintage pickups.
The recommendation is to set it for your hottest guitar and leave it. That setting is for optimizing the signal to noise for the A/D converter. Aside from values < 5% there should be no affect on tone.

It actually is now integrated... Look under the Tools menu ;)
Is it? With all it's funktions? So there is no need for the seperate installation anymore?

The Axe FXIII Wiki answers almost every thing you'll ever need to know about using the Axe FXIII.
Thanks for the advice and link

First thing to do when you receive the axe FX III:

1) Plug guitar, amp, speakers, and power it
2) Select factory preset #162 "Poltergeist Pig"
3) Shut down the lights and pump up the volume
4) Play
haha I will do it on 31th of october, or friday the 13h 👻

hey that's a very good advice thanks alot.

Is it? With all it's funktions? So there is no need for the seperate installation anymore?
Yes, as far as I'm aware.

However, I'm old school and often forget about this somewhat recent change. I still use the standalone version sometimes because of that - just an old habit.

Also, when Axe-Edit starts out can take a bit of time to finish scanning blocks, presets and cabs, which is not done (or needed) by FractalBot. So if you just need to load FW, that'll be faster ;)

Back
Top Bottom