I'm receiving the Axe-Fx III Mk2 next Week, what to do?

okay thanks, is reamping and recording working good (good tone/sound quality) through USB? or is SPDIF the way to go?
I haven't done any reamping but recording and playback is just fine.

One thing about SPDIF: you'll need to make sure to set some stuff up correctly for the "master". I have not used it but it's a common issue that pops up here.

As a few others have said, read the manual, read the manual, then read the manual.

Watch all of @2112’s videos.

Book a week off work for when it arrives so you can take your time learning and playing without the painful interruption of responsibility.

Do an inventory of all the items you need to get up and running (USB and audio cables, power etc) and make sure you have them on hand in time for arrival.

Stock up on guitar oriented consumables (strings, picks etc). Clean, setup, restring and intonate your guitars.

Stock up the kitchen cupboards with food or organise your delivery menu collection.

Setup voicemail and put phone on do not disturb and setup “out of office” auto response on email accounts.

Make notes as you go if that helps you learn.

Get plenty of sleep.

Last edited:
Watch Leon Todd's axe fx III videos on YouTube while you wait on delivery.
Knaggster mentioned him, and I watch already two videos. And I'm going to watch more by him. thanks.

At this point I do not consider Cooper Carter's online class. Maybe some day. Thanks.
The USB recording quality/re-amping is excellent.

SPDIF I can't comment on, never used it.
Okay, then is the USB probably okay I guess. Thanks man.

As a few others have said, read the manual, read the manual, then read the manual.

Watch all of @2112’s videos.

Book a week off work for when it arrives so you can take your time learning and playing without the painful interruption of responsibility.

Do an inventory of all the items you need to get up and running (USB and audio cables, power etc) and make sure you have them on had in time for arrival.

Stock up on guitar oriented consumables (strings, picks etc). Clean, setup, restring and intonate your guitars.

Stock up the kitchen cupboards with food or organise your delivery menu collection.

Setup voicemail and put phone on do not disturb and setup “out of office” auto response on email accounts.

Make notes as you go if that helps you learn.

Get plenty of sleep.
Holy moly, that's a serious plan. I'm working at the moment only 40% due to the corona situation... So I have time :D

Yeah dont book time off work to learn in. Just plan a few hours a night when you first get it.

At this point I do not consider Cooper Carter's online class. Maybe some day.

It's very very very informative - in more than one way - so my advise is to reconsider.
For instance, it hands you context to (really) understand the manual everyone is telling you to read. And that's only one example.

Last edited:
It's very very very informative - in more than one way - so my advise is to reconsider.
For instance, it hands you context to (really) understand the manual everyone is telling you to read. And that's only one example.
Okay, so it sounds like it is high quality content. But english is not my mothertongue. If he really dives into complicated details, I may not understand it fully. Is it still worth 120 bucks? I don't know.

Plan on the beginning of a great new journey!!!
Best $$ I ever spent on gear, all my life!
Enjoy!
Oh that sounds good! I'm really really looking forward to it!
It will arrive tomorrow :D hopefully

Okay, so it sounds like it is high quality content. But english is not my mothertongue. If he really dives into complicated details, I may not understand it fully. Is it still worth 120 bucks? I don't know.

I'm non-English too (Dutch to be precise). So it depends how well you understand spoken English. Cooper isn't a dialectspeaker so that's one bridge you don't have to cross :).

Back
Top Bottom