I'm producing a Cab Pack for Fractal Audio Systems

Here you go. I used the CK USA Trad SM57-SM57 01 IR. Scene one is for the main rhythm and scene three is for the lead. Like I said somewhere else I'm using a JS2400 with an Illuminator in the bridge and a SD Hot Rails in the neck. I use the coil split mode to get the Strat sound. Normally I would just use one of my Strats, but I just felt like using my Ibanez this week. Most of the solo is played with the neck PUP BTW. I don't think it's anything special, but maybe you're worse at creating tones than I am, LOL.

View attachment 23980

That's also the "CK7 CONTROL" preset IR. ;)

Ahh its hard to admit but I don't really gel with this Liquifire pickup in my JP. I cant seem to get a nice rounded solo tone tone with it. Does anyone else have a similar experience? I do like the crunch lab pickup though.

Ahh its hard to admit but I don't really gel with this Liquifire pickup in my JP. I cant seem to get a nice rounded solo tone tone with it. Does anyone else have a similar experience? I do like the crunch lab pickup though.

IIRC the DiMarzio Custom (neck pickup) in my JP6 Mystic Dream was named LiquiFire when they released the CrunchLab, so they could release both bridge and neck signature pickups.
And I'm happy with the lead tone I'm getting from it.
Watch this, this was on firmware 12.x and it sounded good for me. Today (v16.x) it sounds even better. I can share the preset if you want =)

That's also the "CK7 CONTROL" preset IR. ;)

I'm an idiot. I read that wrong the first time and thought you were suggesting another IR. :roll

Anyway... Just briefly checked out all the presets. Very nice. I love DT so these are right up my alley. I might even sneak one of the darker ones in for worship team use. :shock :)

Just got a chance to run through a few of them tonight. Really well done :encouragement:

I started marking ones that caught my ear with AxeFXSend and it became kind of pointless because marking all of them isn't really narrowing anything down. :)

IIRC the DiMarzio Custom (neck pickup) in my JP6 Mystic Dream was named LiquiFire when they released the CrunchLab, so they could release both bridge and neck signature pickups.
And I'm happy with the lead tone I'm getting from it.
Watch this, this was on firmware 12.x and it sounded good for me. Today (v16.x) it sounds even better. I can share the preset if you want =)

Its ok man I have an Axe-fx ultra anyway. I know others are fine with the Liquifire, especially JP, but it doesn't seem to work well for me and its probably to do with my fingers or something. If I plug in my LP guitar in I get the fat, bluesy lead tone I want pretty effortlessly, but with the JP / liquifire, I really have to put in a lot of effort to coax it out and its just dawning on me that I should probably look to replace that pickup. I have JPX guitar by the way. It has a stock Liquifire neck pickup and Crunch Lab bridge pickup. I don't want to go off topic too much so I might start a different thread to gather suggestions at some point.

Its ok man I have an Axe-fx ultra anyway. I know others are fine with the Liquifire, especially JP, but it doesn't seem to work well for me and its probably to do with my fingers or something. If I plug in my LP guitar in I get the fat, bluesy lead tone I want pretty effortlessly, but with the JP / liquifire, I really have to put in a lot of effort to coax it out and its just dawning on me that I should probably look to replace that pickup. I have JPX guitar by the way. It has a stock Liquifire neck pickup and Crunch Lab bridge pickup. I don't want to go off topic too much so I might start a different thread to gather suggestions at some point.

The Liquifire has a way lower output than the Crunch Lab pickup. It's a bit annoying as you said. It's harder to make it sustain like f.ex. a PRS or LP.

Any other personal recommendations Clark? Aside from the ones in the "Ace" folder.

Sure. Out of single IRs people should try the E906 IRs. Those are really good! I even prefer them to SM57 IRs on some speakers.

Right now I'm using a blend that's using all mics with mic phase. Try it out! It's SM57-R121 03 blended with E906-MD421 08. They fill each other in a cool way. :)

Sure. Out of single IRs people should try the E906 IRs. Those are really good! I even prefer them to SM57 IRs on some speakers.

Right now I'm using a blend that's using all mics with mic phase. Try it out! It's SM57-R121 03 blended with E906-MD421 08. They fill each other in a cool way. :)
:O :O one of my fav :) just dialled it yesterday \m/

I'm not sure what delay trick you're talking about but there's no delay tricks whatsoever in my clips. If you're talking about the cab block delay trick then the Alloy IRs have that delay trick done for real and not digitally afterwards. Try them out! :)

Yes thanks Clark, i ment the cab block delay - good to know that's allready actually "baked-in"...:p

Well i can recommend the "Motor City Pickups" - i've just ordered a pair for my 10th anniversary JEM, cause i have the same problem with the Dimarzio Evolution in it. Just check their homepage, they are handwired and sound amazing. Mark Day uses them aswell.. i'm now wailting for them to arrive in anticipation and if you don't like the pickup, they offer you other ones till it fits you...

CK USA Trad SM57-SM57 01 + CK USA Trad SM57-MD421 19 Awesome \m/ But I really Can't stop :mad:

Well... Any idea to Dial some KSE tones? (from the early albums)

Back
Top Bottom