I'm producing a Cab Pack for Fractal Audio Systems

Well obviously they work great for everything. There is a lot of usable "versadiddly" within the Cab Pack. I will get my hands on my Axe-Fx tomorrow so I'll shoot a video demonstration of different amps and genres with these IRs. Any specific amps you'd like to hear?

All the IRs are "scientific sweet spots" meaning that they usually perform well. I know it sounds like hype but I'll try and demonstrate this in a video. :)

So I bought them and spent about 30 minutes before rehearsal tonight messing around with a Plexi 100W Jump model and easily got the best Lincoln Brewster tone I've ever had. I think I ended up using the 57/57 blend. You need a lot of mids to cover his songs, to get the brightness without the fizz or harshness. Well done! I will hopefully have time to explore the other 98% this weekend.

As far as other amps, the Plexi 50W as someone already mentioned, a Voxy kind of clean would be interesting to hear, and really anything you think would be cool. Of course, you don't have to sell me now, but you might want to show other mid gainers that are on the fence just how versatile they really are.

I did have some fun on the last song with the HBE model. Dialed it in with the same 57/57 combo (it's all I had loaded) during the song. It's the first time I've been able to dial that amp in anywhere near default settings. I may be premature, but right now I'm very excited about these IRs - the best I've ever tried. :encouragement:

Clark, all I can do is say great job! Amp models that I previously had a hard time getting a decent tone from (to me) now sound great. Good thing I have a 4 day weekend... LOL.

BTW, I'll post a clip from the album once I settle on an IR to use.

I'm working from home today, so I did manage to spend a little time with the IRs but now I really do have to get back to work :(

I am liking alloy 57-421 #11 a lot right now, though as was promised, all the IRs are useable. The only trouble I am having is choosing my favorites at the moment. Does the file numbering (other than speaker A, B, C , D) signify anything in particular?

Last edited:
BTW I forgot to mention, the process to convert these to Gen 1 format is a bit "convoluted", but after that............... This is sick!

Rocking my Axe-Fx Ultra!!

The primary issue/problem with this cab pack does indeed appear to be the abundance of great sounding IR's. It's really difficult to eliminate any since they all sound so good yet are different flavors. Oh woe is me! :)

i am finding myself constantly changing between 57-421 alloy 2, 5 and 7! someone help me choose one :D haha

I'm moving between the same collection only 1,6, and 7. ARGH!

Well you both like #7. :lol That being said #1 is "scientifically" the most perfect IR in that folder but it might be a bit too perfect. I think #1 is the IR that we used for the "Chops of Life" preset. ;)

Honestly... you should sound pretty good with any of them so flip a coin. :)

It's ok guys, I have the same problem choosing IR what to use, and I have about 1000 mix IRs to choose from :D BUT I think it's a good problem :D your sound will be good no matter what IR you use ;)

I think you guys know now, how hard it was for me and Clark to choose the best ones for the final cab pack :D

So I bought them and spent about 30 minutes before rehearsal tonight messing around with a Plexi 100W Jump model and easily got the best Lincoln Brewster tone I've ever had. I think I ended up using the 57/57 blend. You need a lot of mids to cover his songs, to get the brightness without the fizz or harshness. Well done! I will hopefully have time to explore the other 98% this weekend.

As far as other amps, the Plexi 50W as someone already mentioned, a Voxy kind of clean would be interesting to hear, and really anything you think would be cool. Of course, you don't have to sell me now, but you might want to show other mid gainers that are on the fence just how versatile they really are.

I did have some fun on the last song with the HBE model. Dialed it in with the same 57/57 combo (it's all I had loaded) during the song. It's the first time I've been able to dial that amp in anywhere near default settings. I may be premature, but right now I'm very excited about these IRs - the best I've ever tried. :encouragement:
I'll be requiring that Brewster preset of yours imminently, jakel. With your permission of course.

;)

It's ok guys, I have the same problem choosing IR what to use, and I have about 1000 mix IRs to choose from :D BUT I think it's a good problem :D your sound will be good no matter what IR you use ;)

I think you guys know now, how hard it was for me and Clark to choose the best ones for the final cab pack :D

Exactly. :) There were many usable IRs that simply had to remove because there was around 10 other IRs that sounded almost identical but just a little bit better. And even though we removed them it's still hard for people to choose which one to use. :)

I thought after buying this my search for IRs will be over. But now I have to search inside this CK Cab pack :D argh! but no complaints from me. I love every second of it! they are sound great! My new favorite today is "Chocolate Cake". is it from Alloy folder as well clark?

Last edited:
I thought after buying this my search for IRs will be over. But now I have to search inside this CK Cab pack :D argh! but no complaints from me. I love every second of it! they are sound great! My new favorite today is "Chocolate Cake". is it from Alloy folder as well clark?

Haha! It's hard to find a good balance between "easy to use" and "not versatile".

IIRC the first IR on Alloy SM57-E906 is the Chocolate Cake IR.

I'm working from home today, so I did manage to spend a little time with the IRs but now I really do have to get back to work :(

I am liking alloy 57-421 #11 a lot right now, though as was promised, all the IRs are useable. The only trouble I am having is choosing my favorites at the moment. Does the file numbering (other than speaker A, B, C , D) signify anything in particular?

Yeah, I'd like to know this too. Make it easier to pick things out that I know I might like if I know exactly what the labelling means.

"Each microphones was used on each speaker of the cabinet. They were positioned in a variety of locations, listening and measuring to find "sweet spots". Different speakers are marked with letters A (bottom left speaker), B (bottom right speaker), C (top right speaker) and D (top left speaker). The numbers mentioned after the letters describe different variations of the mic position. The Alloy folder includes mixed IRs with real life phase that we are used to hearing when using multiple microphones on a real guitar cabinet. The Ace folder includes our personal picks of the best material in this collection."

Back
Top Bottom