I'm producing a Cab Pack for Fractal Audio Systems

..that's a good price.

Which one would I look to first for classic rock?

Well we built the Cab Pack so it would be hard to get something that's not pleasing. Generally I'd like to forward people to the ALLOY folder. Personally I use the ALLOY SM57-MD421 IR's for just about everything but if you're using an amp that makes them sound bright I suggest using the SM57-R121 since that has more low end. Also the E906 is really similar to the SM57 so check those E906 alloys also. :) The Ace folder includes all the single IRs that were "scientifically best". That's also something you can try out pretty quickly. You definitely hear the characters of all the 4 speakers. Remember that A, B, C and D are different speakers. :)

Clark, Is there a difference between the presets in the ZIP file and the presets that are in axechange?

They should be the same presets. There's a CK7 indicator in AxeChange so you can find them easier but that should be all. :) Eventually when the firmwares change it's better to have them in AxeChange.

Hi guys

I was wondering if somebody could please do me (and probably a few others) a favour. Could anybody test to see if UR Irs can be converted to Ultra/Std Syx format? My understanding is as follows, but I want to be sure it can be done before buying Cab-Lab and this IR pack. Thanks!
- Use Cab Lab to convert Ultra Res *.IR or *.SYX files to High Res *.SYX
- Then use JoJo's conversion tool to convert High Res *.SYX to 24 bit/32 bit *.WAV
- Then use Axe-o-Matic DSP to convert *.WAV to Axe-FX Gen 1 *.SYX

This works under guarantee. With that conversion process i converted the Axe-Fx Germany 2014 Cab Pack from UR (.ir) to .syx Standard & Ultra.

From the README:

IR formats / (conversions):
---------------------------
- Cab-Lab ".ir" / ( original 8K RAW data )
- Axe-Fx II "UltraRes" / ( .ir -> CabLab -> UltraRes )
- Axe-Fx II "HighRes" / ( .ir -> CabLab -> Standard )
- Axe-Fx II XL "UltraRes" / ( .ir -> CabLab -> UltraRes )
- Axe-Fx II XL "HighRes" / ( .ir -> CabLab -> Standard )
- WAV 32bit / ( .ir -> CabLab -> Standard -> JoJo`s Converter -> WAV 32bit )
- WAV 24bit / ( .ir -> CabLab -> Standard -> JoJo`s Converter -> WAV 24bit )
- Axe-Fx Ultra+Standard / ( .ir -> CabLab -> Standard -> JoJo`s Converter -> WAV 32bit -> OH axe-o-matic -> Axe-Fx.syx )

Last edited:
Now you're talking about those presets which are in axechange? There are 19 IRs into the folder "CK USA Trad SM57-MD421". What number do you use for each preset? Thanks

The IRs that we're used for those presets are in the preset folder with the same name as the presets. :) They are not all SM57-MD421 but they can also be found in the Alloy IRs. They are usually the first IRs in the folders. Three presets use the three first SM57-MD421 Alloy IRs.

This works under guarantee. With that conversion process i converted the Axe-Fx Germany 2014 Cab Pack from UR (.ir) to .syx Standard & Ultra.

From the README:

IR formats / (conversions):
---------------------------
- Cab-Lab ".ir" / ( original 8K RAW data )
- Axe-Fx II "UltraRes" / ( .ir -> CabLab -> UltraRes )
- Axe-Fx II "HighRes" / ( .ir -> CabLab -> Standard )
- Axe-Fx II XL "UltraRes" / ( .ir -> CabLab -> UltraRes )
- Axe-Fx II XL "HighRes" / ( .ir -> CabLab -> Standard )
- WAV 32bit / ( .ir -> CabLab -> Standard -> JoJo`s Converter -> WAV 32bit )
- WAV 24bit / ( .ir -> CabLab -> Standard -> JoJo`s Converter -> WAV 24bit )
- Axe-Fx Ultra+Standard / ( .ir -> CabLab -> Standard -> JoJo`s Converter -> WAV 32bit -> OH axe-o-matic -> Axe-Fx.syx )

Thanks

I'm in, just downloading,
After loooooooong teasing, there are high expectations, so let's give it a try.
Anyway the wait was already a pleasure following your thread, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom