I'm producing a Cab Pack for Fractal Audio Systems

damn you ck, i hate you! after listening to these ir's i don't want to use anything else. whatever technique's you used to capture these ir's please convince cliff to adopt it. there's a sense of depth and realism i haven't experienced before. i'd like to add a wish here; ck, PLEASE do a 4x12 G12M and 4x12 G12H in the same way!! kick a$$ stuff

Most definitely! I wouldn't mind being a part of all FAS Cab Packs if they wanted me to. I'm definitely up for it. :D

I'll try and create more IRs for you Brian! ;) The 4x12 G12M25 is one of the options my eyes are set on now. I know that cab sounds killer!

Should I do a poll on what cabs you guys want me to do next? :lol

Last edited:
damn you ck, i hate you! after listening to these ir's i don't want to use anything else. whatever technique's you used to capture these ir's please convince cliff to adopt it. there's a sense of depth and realism i haven't experienced before. i'd like to add a wish here; ck, PLEASE do a 4x12 G12M and 4x12 G12H in the same way!! kick a$$ stuff

+1 on a good sounding G12M!

Most definitely! I would mind being a part of all FAS Cab Packs if they wanted me to. I'm definitely up for it. :D

I'll try and create more IRs for you Brian! ;) The 4x12 G12M25 is one of the options my eyes are set on now. I know that cab sounds killer!

Istn´t it the same cab, we´ve go with the Pre-Rola from the Attic-Cab? Can´t imagine that you could improve that great IR..........
But a great Idea - I think, we´ve got enough V30-IR´s..........

Istn´t it the same cab, we´ve go with the Pre-Rola from the Attic-Cab? Can´t imagine that you could improve that great IR..........
But a great Idea - I think, we´ve got enough V30-IR´s..........

They're not the same speaker nor cab nor the same mic technique. :) Check this video:

It's a bit hard to explain everything that matters when shooting IRs. For some people it's all about the cab itself, for some people it's the speaker and for some people it's all about the mic position. To be honest it's about all of them. Basically if I bought two Marshall 1960 cabs and made an IR pack of both cabs they would sound different.

I don't think "improve" is the right word but what I could be able to do is offer something completely different and new even if the next cab I do might've been done before. At least I feel like I want more options. :)

The 4x12 G12M25 is one of the options my eyes are set on now. I know that cab sounds killer!

some 2x12s would be nice for a change (in general). not talking about the typical Fender 2x12 options out there, but more along the lines that work great with distorted tones as well...

Sounds like a IIC+, am I right?
But it has a nice edge to it!! Preset maybe?!

Well this preset is in the Cab Pack 7 if you purchased it. :)

I installed the new firmware yesterday and the Mesas seems to be completely redone... which sadly means that the presets that I made sound completely different. Any of you guys experiencing this?

+1 +1 for both of these

Most definitely! I wouldn't mind being a part of all FAS Cab Packs if they wanted me to. I'm definitely up for it. :D

you guys... kick ass... seriously...

Hey everyone! I know this pack was released over two years ago at this point but these IR's are still being used by many highly regarded people in the industry. For that reason Fractal and I had the idea of going through all of these older packs that came with presets and update the presets to work with the latest and greatest firmwares and technologies.

So, everyone go re-download this Cab Pack with your account details through the Fractal Cab Pack store to get the 2017 Preset-Cab Bundles based on DT/JP tones and have fun!

These are all the packs that got the 2017 Preset-Cab Bundle update:
Cab Pack 7: CK's USA Traditional 4x12
Cab Pack 18: ML Class-A
Cab Pack 20: ML Brit 4x12 Collection
Cab Pack 23: ML USA + Citrus 2x12s
Cab Pack 24 - ML Dizzy 4x12

PS. Why do I look like a 12yo annoying kid in the promo video for this Cab Pack?

If I might add ~ How about a Limited Preset-Cab Bundles Pack of all your Cab Packs?

It would be a great way to audition your cabs, and every time you add another cab-pack, people could just re-download the Limited Preset-Cab Bundles Pack to try out the few new presets added of the latest and greatest Cab Pack release.
Also, I think it will help garner more satisfied repeat sales. If someone wasn't too happy with such&such Cab Pack, they're are less likely to shell out for the next Cab Pack. But with this Limited Preset-Cab Bundles Pack, they'll know if it's for them or not and with no buyer's remorse, and if not, the next Cab Pack might be.

Anyways, just a small suggestion, since your Cab Pack list is getting on the overwhelming side.

Hey @ngstime and thank you for your thought on the subject. It's definitely something that has been talked about and you never know if it might happen in future. I'm not at all a fan of limiting existing packs as it completely goes against the grain of what I'm trying to accomplish with the packs. That being said I am planning "something" that I'm not going to discuss publicly yet but I bet it's something many people will be interested in. :)

If it's a subject that has definitely been talked about, then you already know a market exists (*hint-hint* ;) ).
Since I've been gone without an Axefx for a few years, I'm way behind and want to catch up

I see:
Marshall Bundled Cab Packs - Discounted
Everything - Full Price/No Discount

Back
Top Bottom