• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

I'm pretty disappointed and upset...at myself, for not having bought the FM3 sooner! FRACTAL > all others

DanielePanza

I received my FM3 - my first Fractal device - last week, and I'd love to share my experience.

I had been alternating between NDSP plugins and the HX Stomp for while, but I always found my real amps+load box to be more tridimensional. Notes "blossomed" as the pick plucked through the strings on the real amp, and that satisfying feeling made me play better. It's like I was more connected to the instrument. As a result, I always favored recording through the amps, and using digital rigs for convenience.

Then came the FM3, and everything I was previously missing was finally there. It's the first time I truly don't miss playing through a real amp, and I'm barely just scratching the surface. I love this thing so much that I'm actually upset at myself for not having pulled the trigger sooner. For some reason I thought NDSP was the ceiling for digital modelling (I blame the internet), and I thought FAS was on a similar level, but that's simply not true. Fractal is the ceiling.

Thanks @FractalAudio !!!

Jipps0525

I received my FM3 - my first Fractal device - last week, and I'd love to share my experience.

I had been alternating between NDSP plugins and the HX Stomp for while, but I always found my real amps+load box to be more tridimensional. Notes "blossomed" as the pick plucked through the strings on the real amp, and that satisfying feeling made me play better. It's like I was more connected to the instrument. As a result, I always favored recording through the amps, and using digital rigs for convenience.

Then came the FM3, and everything I was previously missing was finally there. It's the first time I truly don't miss playing through a real amp, and I'm barely just scratching the surface. I love this thing so much that I'm actually upset at myself for not having pulled the trigger sooner. For some reason I thought NDSP was the ceiling for digital modelling (I blame the internet), and I thought FAS was on a similar level, but that's simply not true. Fractal is the ceiling.

Thanks @FractalAudio !!!
Have you ever compared to a kemper?

DanielePanza

how would you compare the feel of the FM3 to the kemper?
I always found the feel of the Kemper to be a bit flat. I don't have a lot of experience with it (I never owned one), but there hasn't been a single occasion when I plugged into a Kemper and thought "this is great".

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic

Thanks @FractalAudio !!!
Welcome and enjoy the journey!

Jumpback

Inspired
I sold all my amps and pedals and got a QSC K.12 2000w Pa and its all I need for my live setup and recording, My FM3 has recently come to life even more with the Live Gold preset pack too, might not ever go back to analog, and I love analog, welcome to the Fractal world Daniele.

Fizz

I have the same experience as the OP.. I tried nearly everything before getting the FM3 about a month ago. I was never satisfied with anything else completely. But that all changed with the FM3.

Kemper was my first venture into the higher end/expensive profiler/modeler world and I was really disappointed in it. It was the worst sounding of them all IMO. I guess it is all about the profiles but I never found one I liked.

Jipps0525

I have the same experience as the OP.. I tried nearly everything before getting the FM3 about a month ago. I was never satisfied with anything else completely. But that all changed with the FM3.

Kemper was my first venture into the higher end/expensive profiler/modeler world and I was really disappointed in it. It was the worst sounding of them all IMO. I guess it is all about the profiles but I never found one I liked.
This is why I want to try FM3. I have a kemper and do like it for the most part but i think i would like modeling better honestly. I think Id rather pick "Friedman model"and mess around with EQ (which is supposed to behave like a normal amp right?) as opposed to going through lots of Friedman profiles which could all be set at different EQ's. I do think the kemper sounds good for the most part though

Top Bottom