I'm off to a Guthrie Govan Master Class tonight in brisbane, yehhaa!!!

What do you like to do when you play the axe Fx

• Total voters
Thanks for reminding me. I bought a ticket ages ago for when he's in Melbourne this weekend and I forgot all about it. :lol

My Suhr is :? 'My Suhr'... I'd have him sign a CD. But you asked. Have fun!

...OR you could bring along a great picture of your guitar and have him sign THAT?

...well my sense of "time zone" is way off... hope it went well.

Last edited:
I didn't end up taking my guitar, though lots of people did

for those who don't know, its just an interactive session with Guthrie, he plays a couple of songs and talk about his philosophies on any thing people ask for

My personal opinion (of this master class), is the questions were lacking so his answers were lacking, however he started to break down about half way through, and gave more down to earth answers and some great nuggets

if your going to one in the future, really have some well defined questions ready, and get ready for a straight out no :)

On saying that, i did enjoy my self, being close up and personal to someone so good and famous was worth the money by it self

He did touch on a couple of things in that regards

one was, always make your playing as easy as possible,

Also move the guitar around to make it easier for your self

He has been playing a long time, and he is by no means infallible

however he is the type of guy that has just spent his whole life playing guitar, he dosnt have a licence and probably few girl friends

He did touch on a couple of things in that regards

one was, always make your playing as easy as possible,

Also move the guitar around to make it easier for your self

He has been playing a long time, and he is by no means infallible

however he is the type of guy that has just spent his whole life playing guitar, he dosnt have a licence and probably few girl friends

Good stuff Bo, thanks for sharing. I personally tend to try to make playing more difficult than they need to be, sometimes.

He is a charvel man these days, someone asked about charvel vs suhr

His answer was "that's kind of like asking someone about the marriage break down"

To me i think the whole suhr chavel thing boils down to Charvel was willing to do what it takes to make him happy with all the little changes he wants to make to his guitar, where John Suhr is more of a purist

In the end he has gone through many prototypes Charvels with also sorts of bridges and necks and configurations, i think Suhr was just a little less forth coming in regards to changing their manufacturing too much

Good stuff Bo, thanks for sharing. I personally tend to try to make playing more difficult than they need to be, sometimes.

Yeah it does make a lot of sense, having a perfect stance and guitar height and neck angle is admirable , however in the end it seems, your best off doing what ever it takes, what ever stance you need to achieve the results you desire (without ruining your body)

i.e move the guitar around change your stance for that part of the solo (if need be), so you can be as comfortable as possible, i think he was saying

If you have VIP tickets and get the photos and signing , tell him the guy with the big red beard from last night says hi

Back
Top Bottom