I'm new to Fractal. Those Metallica tones from the Axe-Fx II?

Were't there some tones (or tone packs) for Metallica that attempted to capture their sound from the various albums. Are those available for the III? I thought I remembered some folks posting covers from Justice with the Kill'em All tones and vice versa.

My favorites are the ones from Silent Underground Studio. Specifically the HET pack, but they haven't been updated to the Axe-FX III yet. I think that is in the pipeline however.

I've tried quite a few Metallica presets for the Axe-FX II and I think @Guitarjon has done the best job with getting faithful tones. However, those won't work on the III.

Metallica's guitar techs have posted here some under @Ex-Pat and @Zaemo. I suggest giving a gander at what they've written since there's some good tips. This Guitar World article also has some good suggestions for amp and parametric EQ settings. I'd start with the USA IIC++ amp model, find a V30 loaded IR you like and go from there.

I've tried quite a few Metallica presets for the Axe-FX II and I think @Guitarjon has done the best job with getting faithful tones. However, those won't work on the III.

Metallica's guitar techs have posted here some under @Ex-Pat and @Zaemo. I suggest giving a gander at what they've written since there's some good tips. This Guitar World article also has some good suggestions for amp and parametric EQ settings. I'd start with the USA IIC++ amp model, find a V30 loaded IR you like and go from there.

Jon just got a III ,so there's that

Fractool can now convert II->III so that could be used with some II presets to get a starting point but I am not sure if it can do a tone match block.

Fractool can now convert II->III so that could be used with some II presets to get a starting point but I am not sure if it can do a tone match block.
It can't because the tonematch data is now ultrares.
BUT there is a workaround : open II preset offline in FracTool, click on the TMA block and export the TM as a WAV IR, then convert this IR with CabLab (free) to utltrares IR and use it in your III :)

It can't because the tonematch data is now ultrares.
BUT there is a workaround : open II preset offline in FracTool, click on the TMA block and export the TM as a WAV IR, then convert this IR with CabLab (free) to utltrares IR and use it in your III :)

Did this for a few of my tone matches and it works fine!

Hi,

I don't have an option to export a present's TMA block as WAV..

what am I doing wrong, please ?
(using latest fractool )

so I export the TMA, load the preset to the FX3 , remove the TMA and import the exported TMA as a cab ?

Back
Top Bottom