I'm New.. Help...

jgould1124

Ok.. So the title pretty much says it all..

Please... Tell me everything I need to know... HA!! J/K

I know it's going to take some work to figure the whole thing out and it's gonna be interesting trying..

I do have a couple specific questions y'all might be able to help me with..

1) I've read through a few of the forums but I'm still a little confused about the Axe Edit. Does it work with the Ultra?? If so, could someone proved me a link to download the specific software I need. (MacBook Pro, El Capitan). I'm sure this has been answered, but, as I said, I got confused and didn't want to download the wrong thing..

2) On another thread, someone mentioned about the Midisport as an interface between my laptop and the Ultra. Is this the case or can I use the same Mbox that I'm using for my ProTools rig?

3) This might not be possible, but I'll ask anyway. I know you can set the Ultra up as basically 2 independent rigs for 2 separate inputs (2 guitars into 1 AxeFX). Is this a Global setting or can it be done by patch? The reason being is on some songs, the singer will be playing guitar also. So, rather than get another guitar rig for a couple songs, could I just set up a few patches so he could also play guitar through the Ultra. But, when he's not playing, I can use the Ultra's full potential for myself. (I hope this makes sense.. I just woke up!!)

Thanks in advance for any help. I look forward to exploring this forum further.

1 you need to down load the legacy edit, I think it is still on the fractal web site.
2 the mbox should work, I never had one so just guessing but you need an interface with midi in and outs.
3 there are some settings in the I/o menu to make this work but you can build the patches to have or not have 2 signal chains. there are a couple of you tube vids on this.

1: Download the Legacy Axe Edit Here
2: The Mbox works.
3: Yes you can do that.
Guitar 1: Axe front in normal signal chain.
Guitar 2:create an FX loop block in your patch and plug the guitar 2 into the fx return jack on the back.
your patch should look like this to play with 2 guitars:
0ed6d2-1481708436.jpg

As the axe os actually made for just 1 guitar, with 2 independend rigs you reach fast the maximum cpu usage.
so you will only be able to play with 2 relatively simple setups. and you are not able to use stereo effects like this.
2 strictly mono chains only.

1 more thing: make sure that in your patch, you have panned the outputs the right way. (guitar 1 hard left//guitar 2 hard right for example)

I hope i could help you.

Back
Top Bottom