I'm leaving!!

You know, if you brought you guitar gear here and sold it to local musicians you could live like a king during your stay here... :D

Seriously - as others have said, guitar gear is EXPENSIVE over here. VERY expensive, compared to the US etc.

That said, there are plenty of Axe users here who would be happy to let you play their gear if you didn't want to lug all of yours. If you ever travel around Australia and make it up to the north where I am, PM me and I will be happy to share a beer with you and let you play through my Axe-FX and use my guitars...

Best of luck and have a great time,as far as the record deal thing ,sometimes things just fall in place when you don't expect them.
I glad you let us know what you where doing,I was beginning to think 6 months to 2 yrs was a jail sentence :D

Probably not a bad idea having a break and travelling around a bit. This will definitely free your mind.
I hope you enjoy Australia as much as I do, have fun:)
Cheers

I'm in Sydney bro, you're going to love it here.... I'm weirdly excited about your life plans too.
Moving and travelling is amazing, you guys will be so happy :)

Congrats

Wife and I had a few beers and chatted with a chap from Melbourn at the airport the other day on a layover. Great people.
Make the most of your adventure!!
But sneak the AX in your luggage..

Hey guys! Just thought I'd let you guys know what's up. I'm moving to Brisbane, Australia in a couple of weeks and I'm not taking my guitar gear with me. Meaning that I won't be playing guitar (nor my Axe-Fx) during the next 6 months to two years depending on how things work out. So I don't think I'll be online that much for quite some time. You guys have created an amazing community and I'm glad I've been a part of it. Keep things going until I'm back! :)

Regards,
Clark Kent / Mikko

excellent choice , re: brisbane :) enjoy

best of luck Clark
not sure if I could cope being guitarless for much more than a day though...

Even if I don't get employed I can stay for 6 months. They already gave me the working holiday visa and with my CV shouldn't be too hard to get employed. :)

If you need it, there's loads of well paid work here for European techies, start here and get with a few agencies.

aww man. I loved all your posts and youtube vids man. You were one of the few that wasnt scared to go against the grain of the others and i always liked your tones. Good Luck and i hope to see you return here sooner rather then later.

It's about time I chime in on this one...

I'm leaving too. Back to California for me, bought the Axe II in late December, got a rack bag for it, flying with it. Hopefully when I land AE will be available, I've been waiting for it for quite a while now (not long as most others round here). Taking a few guitars with me to start, and the rest of the studio will follow (bless my wife's ever-giving heart).

Two weeks left, see ya round the bend!

:D Haha. I know you guys are saying that Australia is expensive but sadly enough I live in Finland which is even more expensive in most cases. :) Not sure about music gear though.

I nominate this as 'the longest good-bye thread ever'. :roll

BTW, why would this be good-bye, has OZ got no internet?

:lol I could've sworn I saw a computer there when I was there...

abacus.jpg

Back
Top Bottom