I'm Just Going to Leave This Here

I'm somewhat concerned about the growing gap between Fractal's technology and the rest of the field.

And I really hope all the domain knowledge that is in Cliff's head is safely documented somewhere just in case. I wish him a very long and healthy life... but if something happened to him :-(

Btw has anyone thanked Cliff at the Grammy's yet? It's a matter of time surely?

Maybe time to get one product into guitar center... Damn wtf am I saying

By the time this product is released, GC will likely be bankrupt and closed.
That's not a shot at fractal, it's a comment on the financial health of GC.

Governor and mayor gonna spill their beer all over it :D sorry, couldn't resist.
Ha ha! and trip over the floor monitor and fall onto the foot switch.

Wonder Woman and Cat Woman did that once at a halloween gig. I didn't mind though because they were making out, which explains why I didn't save them from tripping :encouragement:

Hmmm I just think at whatever price this come in at it will be 'a bargain' (full G3 modeling, a complement of Fractal FX with all the routing benefits, etc. in a small floorboard), and that was made very clear to me last Friday at a jam and there were three other guitar players with huge, very expensive, inflexible pedal rigs that they tap danced on all night. Not to mention that two of them had issues (no sound, random burps, etc.) during the evening that they had to attend to.

Reactions: sam
Looks absolutely stunning :O

Since what I care most is about amps and cabs. Having G3 modeling means it is exactly the same as in the axe-fx II full resolution mode? will it have Ultra-res cab?

Has anyone actually added up the price of all the gear that's in an AxeFx ? Maybe $500k of stuff ? I guess it's dominated by Dumbles and Trainwrecks.

Great, really been waiting for this fly rig and easy gigs / rehearsals ! No need to sell my AXE2 XL......
Have put myself also on the unofficial waiting list of G66.
Now lets wait and see ....

May God bless Cliff with 11 sons & 12 daughters......:)

err, is it only me? I don't want AX-8 be cheap enough so everyone on the market can buy it, cause I kinda like the "exclusivity" of FAS Products :)

err, is it only me? I don't want AX-8 be cheap enough so everyone on the market can buy it, cause I kinda like the "exclusivity" of FAS Products :)

I'm sorry, but that's silly. Who cares if everyone on the market can afford it? I don't get this reasoning.

I don't know, it's just one of the things I like about FAS besides the products itself, well I guess it's only me then :lol

Well, how often do you replace your axe? I Think there must be a limited amount of buyers in The axe fx price range (wish i was one) and a Company needs sales to grow, so maybe its not so bad an idea to hit (a lot) of new costumers with a product in bit lower price area (i hope :D

I don't feel that way because although it is expensive there is so many snobs who would not use it even if it was affordable. I have actually yet to see anyone else using the axe fx in person. If I did I would feel like we are part of Cliff's brotherhood or something lol

I hope every guitar player buys it.
1 - it means more money for FAS (which they can now sink into R&D for new products....and maybe some cat toys for Cliff's house)
2 - it means that house sound engineers will have the SHUT UP and just accept the fact that direct guitar is a good thing.

1 - it means more money for FAS (which they can now sink into R&D for new products....and maybe some cat toys for Cliff's house)
2 - it means that house sound engineers will have the SHUT UP and just accept the fact that direct guitar is a good thing.

+1

I have to put my own 2 cents in on the Guitar Center thing. I hope Fractal NEVER puts its products in their stores. The product knowledge of MOST of the employees at Guitar Center is nil to none.It would be a disaster and misrepresentation if someone at GC had to show the product to their customer, more than just turning it on and letting them play, especially at that price point. I feel it would hurt Fractal reputation to first time purchasers if it wasn't shown correctly. I have been to Guitar Centers Pensacola, Orlando, Atlanta, New Orleans and Mobile and for the most part ended up not buying from them and going to locally owned music stores. The service is a disgrace.
After having such bad service at GC New Orleans I went directly to the store manager to order a Boss FV500 expression/ vol pedal. I was right there with him, he wrote it down on his sheet, had him repeat the model to me because the cheap non expression version is the FV50, anyways, sure enough when it came in FV 50 not FV500. That was my last straw, I will never purchase from GC again. Such a shame because they are wonderful stores.
One other note, before that FV500 thing my Line 6 Wireless cable went out. I like having a backup to everything so knowing you had to order that cable online I called GC to see if they had another Line 6 g55 relay guitar wireless. The guy that answered the phone actually told me Line 6 doesn't make wireless units............................................................

I definitely support item #1. More cat toys!

As for #2, we're all part of the field education team, helping sound operators everywhere overcome their (justified) skepticism of direct guitar feeds. It usually starts with "I have guys insist on using their POD or whatever as a direct feed to FOH, and I don't like it." I always tell them "I understand. Tell you what : let's try my rig going stereo direct, and if you don't like it, we can mic my cabs". I've never had to mic the cabs, which is good, because they're three-way full-range, so I'd be asking for THREE mics per side :)

Most engineers have not encountered an AxeFX. Many are aware of the system, but I'm always told "this is the first time I've heard one live". So, every time I load in, I remind myself I'm an ambassador for Fractal, and I do my best to make the house engineers comfortable with my rig. A lot of audio engineers are musicians, too, and I've let several of them play through my system after soundcheck, and they always love it! In every case where I've been the first musician to bring an AxeFX into their house, the FOH has told me after the show that they really enjoyed the sound of the AxeFX in their mix.

I've seen many people state that they can't justify dropping the cash for an Axe-FX II because they think it's overkill for them. They can't see paying that much when they'd probably only use a few amp/cab/verb/delay presets and don't need all of the effects and routing options. This should come in at a price point that a lot of people will find easier to justify, won't be so much overkill, and eliminates the need to purchase a MIDI foot controller.

IMO, there is no "comparable product" to the AX8. The closest thing would be the AxeFx II and the MFC together.

If you find Line6's products "comparable", then you should go buy one, since they're cheaper.

Since there is no comparable product, it doesn't make any sense to compare prices. It's like saying, "I can buy an orange for $0.50, therefore I should be able to buy a Ferrari for $0.50".

Actually there are a lot of comparable products; Line 6 POD HD, Digitech RP500, Zoom G5, Atomic Amplifire, etc. They may not offer everything that the AX8 will, but they are in the ballpark.

I have to put my own 2 cents in on the Guitar Center thing. I hope Fractal NEVER puts its products in their stores. The product knowledge of MOST of the employees at Guitar Center is nil to none.It would be a disaster and misrepresentation if someone at GC had to show the product to their customer, more than just turning it on and letting them play, especially at that price point. I feel it would hurt Fractal reputation to first time purchasers if it wasn't shown correctly. I have been to Guitar Centers Pensacola, Orlando, Atlanta, New Orleans and Mobile and for the most part ended up not buying from them and going to locally owned music stores. The service is a disgrace.
After having such bad service at GC New Orleans I went directly to the store manager to order a Boss FV500 expression/ vol pedal. I was right there with him, he wrote it down on his sheet, had him repeat the model to me because the cheap non expression version is the FV50, anyways, sure enough when it came in FV 50 not FV500. That was my last straw, I will never purchase from GC again. Such a shame because they are wonderful stores.
One other note, before that FV500 thing my Line 6 Wireless cable went out. I like having a backup to everything so knowing you had to order that cable online I called GC to see if they had another Line 6 g55 relay guitar wireless. The guy that answered the phone actually told me Line 6 doesn't make wireless units............................................................

Really? ...and I thought GC had the most professional and courteous staff in all their stores. Guess I missed the other thousand GC rant posts on HC and TGP. :)

Back
Top Bottom