I'm Just Going to Leave This Here

Yes, I'm sure, the amp modelling is so great like in the AXE-FX. But only one amp and cab and lesser effects at the same time. For many users this would be enough.

Agreed for me this is perfect I don't use a ton of FX the basics drive ,eq ,Wah verb delay is fine .Can't wait to get the full description and availability

I never bought that argument. There's plenty of guys that have well over 2K in boutique pedals on their board... Plus, I don't play anywhere that serves alcohol. I'll definitely be very interested in one of these!

I don't play anywhere that DOESN'T sell alcohol. I mean what kind of audience would that be? Probably a quite bored one if they heard me play....And yes, I have had nearly an entire pint of cider dumped on my MFC at a gig, and it lived to tell the tale, thankfully.

Only one stomp label required.

AX8label_zps4ed8bd61.jpg

I don't play anywhere that DOESN'T sell alcohol. I mean what kind of audience would that be? Probably a quite bored one if they heard me play....And yes, I have had nearly an entire pint of cider dumped on my MFC at a gig, and it lived to tell the tale, thankfully.

I can certainly understand that you as a user may not want an expensive high end unit on the floor, but I was really referring to people that argue that a company shouldn't even offer a high-end floor unit for this reason and that no one will buy it because someone might spill beer on it. I don't buy that as a legitimate reason for a company not to make such a unit.

hmmm, this really has me thinking (in a good way)

I've seen a couple of posts here speculating on using it as a back up/controller for the Axe Fx. This could really talk me into one if it did. I've been trying to justify a MFC since it came out, but it's really overkill for what I need and other controllers seem to have to much programming involved and usually a lack of a screen, and generally not plug and play. If this could do double duty and be a basic controller for my existing set up AND be an all in one grab and go (this and a CLR, how simple) for quick jams I'm in.

As much as I love all the crazy stuff I can do with my AXE FX, seems when I jam with someone else 90% of the time my signal is Amp/Cab/Delay/Reverb with maybe a drive or mod block. At the moment I've been using a simple modeling combo for this just for the convenience.

Really looking forward to more info on this.

I'll just say a few things:

It is not an Axe-Fx. It won't be able to do two amps or two cabs. It won't have things like the Vocoder and other esoteric blocks. It's a stripped down floor version at an aggressive price.

It will have G3 modeling and user IR slots. It has two dual-core DSPs, one for amp modeling the other for effects. These DSPs are slower than the ones in the Axe-Fx so it won't be able to do two instance of amps.

There will be block compatibility between the Axe-Fx and the AX-8 meaning you can copy blocks from your Axe-Fx presets into the AX-8.

It has USB, XLR outs for FOH, 1/4 outputs for local monitoring and an FX loop. Four expression pedal inputs. AC powered, no wall-wart.

You've said a lot ,Very very cool exactly what I was hoping for ,Thank you , Hopefully available SOON:mrgreen

This may have already been brought up / speculated upon... but here's what I'm wondering: will it be usable as a midi controller for the Axe-FX?

Imagine the flexibility:
- Small gig: AX8
- Bigger gig: Axe-FX (using AX8 as controller)
- Studio: Axe-FX *and* AX8 (3 amps, 3 cabs, 3 instances of some of the effects)... just opening up the CPU-ceiling.

Perfect for cruise ships where you're 2 stages a day, or any gig where small, easy-carry is top priority.

Needs a hinged lid/walls over the knobs/screen. Something with a beefy gorilla glass top that push-locks into an o-ring perimeter around the display/knobs area and releases on second push-unlock. Kinda like cabinet doors on a motor home or a ship.

It's not just drinks and rain, it's drunk dancers falling over your floor monitor and crashing into your foot switch. Happens more often and is more destructive than you'd think!! A woman once landed so hard her head activated the down-preset -- ouch! I went from crunch to clean and had to wait for the bodies to clear before I could get rocking again.

I'd buy it if it had a 10-key function for instant random access to any bank/setup or any individual preset in the axe-fx. IMO, stepping up/down through banks is a limitation that doesn't need to be there.

*edit* AES out for digital systems would be UBER-perfect.

This looks like a great option for a backup rig! The Axe has become such a key part of my setup that I've considered buying a second one as a spare, but didn't want to put that kind of cash into a backup rig. Awesome.

There is of course the Amplifire that is extremely aggressively priced and supposedly sounds very good. Of course nobody heard that yet...
If the AX8 needs to compete with that, aggressive should be less than the FX8 price...

There is of course the Amplifire that is extremely aggressively priced and supposedly sounds very good. Of course nobody heard that yet...
If the AX8 needs to compete with that, aggressive should be less than the FX8 price...

All right, that seems like a nice pedal, too. The price is not bad either. Interesting times we live in :)

Back
Top Bottom